Citroen - The Age?!?!?

Uga Boga

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=11075&vf=2&bg=31&pp=0

Also missing is a drive assessment, as the importer won't allow us to test one. Pity.

Against: Only four seats, the parsimony of the importer

:nownow: :nownow: :eek: :eek:

Why won't ATECO lend a test car to The Age? Their Citroen reviews and articles have been fairly balanced, from what i've seen....

Maybe they're afraid of more bad press for the senseless drive? :D

If thats the case, then they are pretty much admitting that the car is s**t
IMO not lending one to be tested is worse than a bad review

Can you imagine if the Motor Magazine or Wheels Guys get hold of one

OUCH:evil:

They will go to town on the poor little bugger

Dan

This has been covered before when an Ateco person addressed the CCCNSW meeting and was questioned on this very topic.

Ateco can sell every C2 they can get their hands on and they preferred to deliver a car to a customer than supply the same car for the press to write about.

It was also a factor that, given the limited testing, reviews tended to be less flattering.

Barry.

If Citroen Australia can sell every car they get their hands on without even lending one the the press, then someone further up the line obviously needs their backside kicked for sending them so few.

I find it hard to imagine that Citroen France would happy about a market with so much potential being so ill-served... sales is sales, after all :2cents:

Chris

Trixie said:
I wonder what sort of condition press cars come back in :nownow:
I'd suspect thrashed within a inch of it's life, but you'd think it'd be smart to have at least 1.

In any case the press are just too precious, I've taken a C2 out for a couple ours drive from the dealer, sure it wasn't over night but long enough to make soem opinions (Senseless drive was version 1 and not very good, car felt solid, very easy to drive, hugged corners, but ultimately was under powered - gimme the VTS C2 !!!). The press could have done this, but no, they expect to be pampered too - well stuff em. Enough chequebook journalism.

- xTc -