Citroen Service in Adelaide

danielkissell

Fellow Frogger
Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with the "official" Citroen dealer, Prestige Walkerville/Formula (Glen Osmond Road).

Particularly:

Service costs
How you were treated
How well the work was carried out
Any otrher positive or negative vibes

Also, if you have used another service centre in Adelaide I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers :)

DK
1994 Citroen Xantia VSX aka "The Moon Buggy"

danielkissell said:
Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with the "official" Citroen dealer, Prestige Walkerville/Formula (Glen Osmond Road).

Particularly:

Service costs
How you were treated
How well the work was carried out
Any otrher positive or negative vibes

Also, if you have used another service centre in Adelaide I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers :)

DK
1994 Citroen Xantia VSX aka "The Moon Buggy"

When I first had my XM I tried them, they were not interested in "old" cars like my 1996 XM. Later I tried them for spare parts and they told me that for "old" cars I should contact Martin Bray. The parts guy was polite and friendly and even helpfull (he had Martins number right at his finger tips)

When I pushed (I was only after basic parts like an oil filter) their prices were not compative. I don't think they have ever sold Xantias as they did not have the dealership then.

I see Xantias at Taylors, but after their mechanic telling me that they only serviced one XM (since new) and it never made it between services without a breakdown I have not gone back. Sometimes when I need a laugh I give them a call to see what they will charge for common parts, brake pads, spheres, LHM etc.

Where do you get your car serviced now? Join the local Citroen club and I am sure that Rodger Parker will point you at someone good.

regards
sean