Citroen ID19 drop top

There is a lot of other nice things on that site, Like the big 15? for $1500nz Looks like a 6cyl but the guy says 4 ? :confused:

How could someone cut the roof off from a Slough-built ID19? :nownow:

Id 19

Two suggestions:
Either it fell off due to rust at the base of the rear screen or it was ( is ?) one of the replica decaps that an English firm was offering in fibreglass..
If it was the real thing it is sure to be snapped up..

Just thought you guys might like to see this. A well known CCC member here in england, has over the past few years, re-engineered this car. Under the hood, you will find a 2.7 litre maserati engine from an SM. It's a tight fit, but it looks good! The original roof hasn't been put in the trash, it can still be re-attached at any time!

Attachments

• Citromobile 001.jpg
    Citromobile 001.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Citromobile 014.jpg
    Citromobile 014.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 231
I wouldn't care either way. It's definatly an aftermarket job as it's a slough built car. However if the conversion itself was done well I'd be more than happy with owning it. After all, would anyone here be brave enough to use daily an original Chapron :confused: You'd be to sh!t scared it'd get damaged to ever use it.

I'd be VERY interested if it was near me.

seeya,
Shane L.

I will try to get some more pics of that car in august at the next big citroen rally.
Shane, I think you could happily tow your caravan with this one, last time I saw it at the "D" rally, it was hauling a period all aluminium caravan, looked like an aircraft fusilage! john s