Citroen Ebay listings..

its a King Long Jinwei! Obviously the Peoples Comittee of Foreign International IP Appropriations against Western Imperialist Influence forgot that the rest of the world also has the internet when they badged up!

Barn find XM (turns out it was never lost):

No connection to me - just spotted it on Gumtree. 1990 build makes it a very early XM and certainly rare in Oz, but hard to reconcile seller calling it a "project car" then giving such a short list of parts & service needed.

Also, being a UK import (as Shane/DC will confirm) it can be expected to have more rust than a car sold new here.

Oh yeah .... it depends if it was driven on salty roads over there. It could have a really nice unbroken plastic interior if it wasn't sold new in australia. pommy cars have rust galore but nice interiors often. I would never say this car is rusty ... not ever, as I haven't seen it.

The import I had wasn't rusty, but it was obvious it was a pommy car as I'd find weird stuff like a heavily rusted wiper motor (where salty water had obviously been trapped at some point). XM's were pretty good as they were galvanised (though did eventually rust if you look at the UK based french car forums). Citroen CX's are rusted out within a few short years.... My parents lived in the UK in '96. It took my father nearly a year to find a CX worth importing. The youngest CX's were only 5 years old at the time, but badly rusted.

XM's probably lasted a decade .... DS's ... probably weeks.

Also Shane - noticed your RCZ is still advertised on Gumtree - guess that confirms how few enquiries the seller gets!

The import I had wasn't rusty, but it was obvious it was a pommy car as I'd find weird stuff like a heavily rusted wiper motor (where salty water had obviously been trapped at some point).
Same but different. Just saw a mate of mine this morning who's daily drive is a late model Falcon ute. He said the driver's side wiper started touching the screen pillar in the recent rain. Figured he'd release the arm and move it a spline and the whole thing came off in his hand.
He said the spindle had almost totally rusted away yet the passenger side was like brand new.🤷‍♂️

Also Shane - noticed your RCZ is still advertised on Gumtree - guess that confirms how few enquiries the seller gets!
I don't think they realise they had have two adds up ... I noticed there was two adds weeks ago. It was actually sold when I looked at it, I think they paid a huge amount for the roadworthy at a local poogoe dealer. I'm pretty sure what happened is the new owner requested the roadworthy get done at the dealer .... then asked the poogoe dealer "what does the car need".... and they gave him a huge list. I know they certainly quoted him for a cambelt as they were able to give me a quote without even looking the car up.

I'm guessing they told him it needed:
--cambelt change ( $2200 .... which is just staggering when you can buy the parts through AEI with pump for about $300 ).
--due for a service .... So maybe $200 worth of oils/fluid/filters. So probably also become $2000 for a service

so the guy ran for the hills as the car "needs a fortune spent on it".... Well at least I hope he didn't turn to collect the car with a bank cheque after I'd collected it :rolleyes:

Everytime I think what I'm doing and paying to run a car is nuts, I just need to get a quote for someone else to do, and I'll instantly feel better.

It does have the service history there ... and it is due right now. I'm thinking I'll do the service now and cambelt next service (its overdue, but I'm not hugely concerned after seeing the 407s belt @ 15years of age).

Must want to make room for the Massey Ferguson they found in the garage.

Barn find XM (turns out it was never lost):

No connection to me - just spotted it on Gumtree. 1990 build makes it a very early XM and certainly rare in Oz, but hard to reconcile seller calling it a "project car" then giving such a short list of parts & service needed.

Also, being a UK import (as Shane/DC will confirm) it can be expected to have more rust than a car sold new here.

Has disappeared off Gumtree...

Listed on Grays, ends late 13/12/23 No reserve 2006 C5 RHR wagon. Newcastle. 300K. At $209.
It's bound to need something fixed. Jaahn will want something to tinker with having bought a new car.
https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-1033.../2006-citroen-c5-turbo-diesel-automatic-wagon

1702388634987.png

The C5 sold for $409 plus the $395 buyer's charge.