gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Saw this on drive.com.au
It must be a good one or overpriced???

http://drive.com.au/used/scripts/getSingleAd.asp?Adid=517930&price=+&make=CITROEN&trans=0&pagelength=25&addcri=y&start=0

CITROEN DS 23-CONFORT-SAFARI

Year of Manufacture: 1974
Body Style: STATION WAGON
Number Plate: CIT074
List Price: $20,000
Features: Power steering, Metallic paint, Towbar
Transmission: Manual
Kms Travelled: 4,000
Colour: Metallic silver deep sky blue

This car has had a chasis up rebuild. Recon engine, new paint, recent upholstery, overhauled front and rear suspension, new Michelins front 75 rear, new radiator and heater core, recon starter, new water punp, etc. Email me on computyp@iinet.net.au for more photos
Tuesday, 7 August 2001
Doug Trewenack, Perth

Phone Number: 08 9271 9075
Mobile Phone Number: 0419 959 986
Evening Phone Number: 08 9271 9075

I've seen Ds advertised at $20,000 plus in Sydney and Melbourne it would be interesting to know what they actually sell for. Did some of my best driving in D wagons they are fantastic, remember driving into Sydney cruising at over 100 mph. all the sound left behind, it really felt like flying. Ah yes that was before radar and cameras, when they had to catch you to book you. I'd love to add it to my collection but I would have to leave home, Denise would have me committed.

Cheers Chris

I'd swap it for our well behaved Pug but I'd be in a lot of trouble from the lady too
wink.gif

Whats the difference between a confort safari and a normal safari?
Years ago, about 6 or 7 I guess, I had a DS23 family safari, it was a private import from England and t had a fixed rear seat that was set way back into the rear section, when you sat in the back you looked out the side station wagon windows not the door windows, the leg room was orsum, you could have a party in the back, plenty of room for dancing. There were three tiny fold up seats that folded flat against the front seats, they were like the fold up seats in the back of normal safaris only across the car and just as unstable (couldn't imagine them being legal today), so that was it, it was sold to Perth and the people were going to do a full resto on it, I wonder if its the same car.
Seeya,
David.

Hi David,

A Confort is the 'luxury' version of the Safari. It is trimmed to basically D Special standards. The car you are thinking of is a 'Familiale' with the fixed third seat and folding jump seats in between.

The Confort was the normal version of the Safari offered after 1971, when the 'Luxe' version was dropped. (All this according to Reynolds, 'Original Citroen DS'

Paul

------------------
Paul Smith
DS23 EFI BW Auto
G Special 1220