Citroen C5 X7 door wing mirror

Hi, on the subject of this mirror, is it easy to pry of the indicator light to replace the bulb ?
How easy would it be to access the wiring of that indicator? (without removal of the mirror) tx

I may be wrong but I believe you replace the indicator unit as a whole, I don't think you can just replace a bulb - could be wrong :confused:
https://www.micksgarage.com/d/wing-...ght-mirror-indicator-for-citroen-c5-2008-2017

Yes, you can remove the unit without removing the mirror. Around the centre there are two spring clips, carefully prise from the underside (least likely to show accidental damage) and the unit can be released. There is a multi plug that is incorporated into the loom so not great access other than to plug/unplug.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Indicator clips.jpg
    Indicator clips.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,840
  • Indicator panel.jpg
    Indicator panel.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,836
  • Indicator fitting.jpg
    Indicator fitting.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,802
Well Chris Dr Becker didn't go to all that trouble. One child's dressing table mirror, a blue one seems best, and hold it up whenever you want a rear view. Best idea.
Of course having no windscreen helps. So short of removing that also, you probably went the right way. Cheers.

I may be wrong but I believe you replace the indicator unit as a whole, I don't think you can just replace a bulb - could be wrong :confused:
https://www.micksgarage.com/d/wing-...ght-mirror-indicator-for-citroen-c5-2008-2017

Yes, you can remove the unit without removing the mirror. Around the centre there are two spring clips, carefully prise from the underside (least likely to show accidental damage) and the unit can be released. There is a multi plug that is incorporated into the loom so not great access other than to plug/unplug.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Great, thanks for the reply and the pics, it is appreciated. Now, all I need to do is find out the type of bulbs used in the Sunvisor mirror as I prefer to replace these with LED ones. Tx again .

If anyone wants an alternative to painting the shells, I have a pair of the "chrome-look" shells that I bought new but never got around to fitting to the DS3 before I traded it. As far as I know, they are identical to this model of C5. Willing to sell for less than replacement cost. Bulky, so postage won't be cheap, but I am travelling Brisbane to Hobart in late November so could deliver along that route then.

Hi Chris,

I am in the process to fix my LH mirror on a Renault 21 Turbo that I bought. It was butchered when I got it and I had to figure out what is missing and what does it look like. I found your photos and the mirrors looks very much the same (basics). Do you still have the spare? Can I post my photos and ask you for some assistance? I will post them and show you in turn of my dilemma at the moment.

The car is not with me now but I will take the detailed photos and maybe you can help with some identification of bits.

Regards, Frans.

Hi Chris,

I am in the process to fix my LH mirror on a Renault 21 Turbo that I bought. It was butchered when I got it and I had to figure out what is missing and what does it look like. I found your photos and the mirrors looks very much the same (basics). Do you still have the spare? Can I post my photos and ask you for some assistance? I will post them and show you in turn of my dilemma at the moment.

The car is not with me now but I will take the detailed photos and maybe you can help with some identification of bits.

Regards, Frans.

Hi Frans,
Happy to help if I can - yes I have the spare but I doubt there will be any common parts. Post your pics and dilemma, if I can't help others here may jump in.

Cheers
Chris

You could try one of the Estonians that send to Australia, eg

Next question, Where did u locate the mirror from in Lithuania ? Any links ? Tx
Looks like prices from wreckers in Australia are now much more reasonable. . .

This was the first hit on an ebay search, $200.00 for a complete mirror for an X7 - Smithfield NSW
Do your homework, as pointed out in my initial post there are a good few variations depending on year and specs of your car.

Cheers
Chris

STwins (the eBay bloke above) are easy to deal with directly. Their parts are well catalogued so the counter phone staff know what is available.