Citroen C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive 2010 windscreen

HERBYJ

Fellow Frogger
I've cracked the windscreen of my Cit and it needs to be replaced.
Do I need to go to a Citroen dealer to get it replaced? Is it a smart windscreen? I think it only has rain sensing windscreen wipers so not really high tech.
Should I use a genuine Citroen windscreen or are generic windscreens ok?
What would the price of a genuine windscreen vresus generic be?
Cheers
Herby

You don't mention insurance coverage, request genuine.

Otherwise you'll have to talk to windscreen suppliers of confirm rain sensor will 100% or they install a new windscreen

Is it an insurance job? They usually are. Some companies use O'Briens, who are a bit hit and miss. Genuine Citroen can mean a very long wait thanks to Inchcape who aren't big on body parts inventory. I had to resort to a wrecker for DS3 glass.

I have had C5 screens from O'Brien (after a lot of contradictory phone calls and a decent wait) and quickly from the local bloke. Most panel beaters have a favourite reliable glass subbie. Ask. Either way somebody will come to your place in a van. Some are fussy about working on the street.

My replacement screens have been Chinese. They do have the rain sensing fitting. As advised above, mention when ordering.

Probably won't claim on insurance as my excess is $500.00. Price looks to be $750.00 plus fitting.
It looks like the windscreen controls both the windscreen wipers and the lights.
I think I'd prefer to get a genuine windscreen.
I might have to go to a dealer in Melbourne, maybe Regan Motors.
Herby

All the glass needs is the fitting in the middle that attaches to it. Sensors are part of the rest of the car.

Many policies give no claim excess free or low excess glass.

If genuine glass exists in the country (it often doesn't, so wait months for the next ship), the independent fitters can get it too, and will probably be cheaper than a dealer.

Replaced mine last year C5 X7 using O'Brien's, pretty happy, it does have a few more very slight waves in it - though you have to look pretty hard to see them.
Everything works as before, rain sensors etc all function as they should.

Cheers,
Bernie

Sometimes a crack is repairable, but it depends on how large and where. Have you checked?
The Citroen part# for a similar C5 is 1618182080 costing about $1,100 and locally available. The windscreen fitter may get a better deal. You also want the clips #81 (or use urethane) or risk losing the expensive trims. 811025 has a new part# 1622750180 and costs a few dollars each.

1710985670120.png

I had mine replaced by the insurance company two years ago, they approved a genuine screen because the one it replaced was genuine. Took 5 days to get the screen.

Don’t forget a non genuine screen probably won’t have uv protection and you will feel the difference
Agreed, no uv protection. Had a Peugeot 508 GT wagon's windscreen replaced on the belief that it was the same ss the original under insurance.
It is not! Not really happy with it.
John