Caravelle/Floride spare wheel drop down panel

Fireblade

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

I'm looking to put an auxiliary radiator up front of my Caravelle where the spare wheel goes - before I start making something out of fibreglass, I was hoping to find an existing panel to repurpose. Anyone parted out a Caravelle/Floride and have a panel available?

Cheers,

George

I don't have a panel but my Dauphine has had it's front panel removed and an alloy scoop / intake made.
The panel removed did come with the car, but replaces the cover completely with opening.

Happy to take some photos for ideas if it helps.

I don't have a panel but my Dauphine has had it's front panel removed and an alloy scoop / intake made.
The panel removed did come with the car, but replaces the cover completely with opening.

Happy to take some photos for ideas if it helps.
That'd be great!

IMG_5343.jpeg
IMG_5345.jpeg
IMG_5346.jpeg
IMG_5344.jpeg

I think the cover is similar on the Caravelle. Ill have to find the caravelle cover, I think its in storage.

The caravelle (doesn't look much different) I'll take the dauphine cover to the caravelle to test the fit later.
IMG_5347.jpeg

Reactions: COL
Hi,

I'm looking to put an auxiliary radiator up front of my Caravelle where the spare wheel goes - before I start making something out of fibreglass, I was hoping to find an existing panel to repurpose. Anyone parted out a Caravelle/Floride and have a panel available?

Cheers,

George
The Caravelle won't cool properly? That isn't the rule.

I used the steel spare wheel cover as a mould and made my air inlet from fibreglass. I also fitted an EWP and hot rod heater.
With a 1600 Alpine A110 motor it runs around 80 degrees C in any conditions and the heater is great in winter.

TRI48CF.jpg

TRID76.jpg

TRI3722.jpg
TRI14B4.jpg