Captur start up noise normal??

Any luck? Purchased a similar near new Captur from same dealer in march 2022 (2000K). Makes similar noise on startup.

Sorry in advance for the essay. I'd like to chime in with a 4th report of loud, disturbing startup noises from the 1.3L H5Ht engine, this time hissing and metallic rattle noises from a TCe 159 in a Kadjar. (#1 is OP, #2 relbko above, #3 an Andrew on ProductReview and in various Arkana review comment sections; he wrote on CarExpert his dealer ordered a new turbo but that mustn't've fixed the issue seeing as he returned the car for a full refund 13 weeks after taking delivery). Interestingly all the reports are from Australian owners, I've scoured YouTube and overseas forums occasionally over the last year and can't find anything similar.

Ours is a MY2020 (2019 built) Renault Kadjar which we've had for 2 years & 3 months now. It was a demo with 3,500kms from McCarroll's Renault Artarmon, it's now done 14,000kms and has >2yrs warranty left. It's always made a sequence of noises like OP's Captur on cold startup (ie. every single time), and I've always thought it was the turbo so I can best describe it as spooling up, grinding metal-on-metal and then venting pressure. It's particularly bad when starting to move after a cold start. The first time I heard it was on delivery when the salesperson started it up and it hissed and clattered for a few seconds. I thought nothing of it and we were told it's normal for this engine, and as with the video posted above it seems to occur when revs are held high to warm the engine up, as is exhibited in Mazdas. In OP's video I can hear a constant hiss beneath the horrible grinding rattle which sounds identical to the intermittent hissing from ours. Another symptom is hissing when accelerating (happens every time climbing hills), which I originally thought was normal for a turbo but I think not. If I'm not mistaken, the only noises should be a whine while spooling up and a whoosh when pressure is released.

The sequence of cold startup noises are now louder and longer, and since about a year ago the metallic scraping noise is happening for 1-2s with the engine warm while pulling away from a stop or accelerating through certain revs after an upshift. So it's become audible all throughout drives. To be clear, there are no errors on the dash and performance doesn't seem to be affected. I'm just really sick of thinking this could be a sign of an impending failure.

Here's a video of the startup noises: I wrote notes for the Roseville McCarroll's service centre to look at the noises during the last service in November 2022, but they supposedly spent a lot of time on the car, couldn't replicate the noise and said it sounded just like their Capturs/Arkanas. Thankfully they included a note in the service log. I then tried to seek advice from https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/ but didn't hear back. A few weeks ago we took it to Castle Hill without an appointment, showed the above video, service guy listened while the engine was revved but of course the noise conveniently wasn't present so we were told to book a diagnosis.

So - can anyone pass on a solution? Any speculation as to what the cause could be? We'll be booking it in for a look at RenoTech since most Renault service centres seem to be "too busy" to take concerns seriously, and what's the point of paying a clueless Renault service dept for a futile diagnosis.

After a long wait I have news from the Renault dealership that did this year's service. It has a faulty turbo which is being replaced under warranty. Anyone with these symptoms needs to get their turbo checked out, even if they were there since the car was new and the car otherwise seems perfectly normal.
I don't feel so crazy now after persisting on this issue after being told there's no problem by people who checked it out.
@marcfrei not sure if this is helpful because the noises from those Capturs occurred under different conditions (stationary)
@JohnW @Haakon @dimistyle might be of interest