"Captain" Peter Janson - Melbourne. Anyone able to help with contact details?

Whilst recovering I read a book titled "Amongst the Elephants".
This quote stood out and for many years it has been my Mantra of sorts.

“If life is so finely divided from death by the uncontrollable workings of chance then at least we should turn towards life and live it to the full. We are born, we survive, then we die.
I believe our lives have no purpose in the Universe beyond what we create for ourselves.”
Oria Douglas-Hamilton

Paul

Sadly

Our friend passed on late last year after a very quick decline, She was a fighter who we really thought had the determination and spirit to overcome anything. Had the best of treatment in that short time, but died before her husband could even get renovations started to bring her back home to be home nursed, it was that quick.

I am really glad Paul for your survival, and that quote is excellent, a philosophy for living life to the full while we physically can. enjoy ourselves but also have regard for the enjoyment of others in what you create, a good way to live. IMHO!

Regards

Ken.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend Ken.
Thankfully neurological diseases such as MND and CIDP involve little pain.
That can add to the psychological burden though.
I remember waking up of a morning feeling great only to fall on the floor when I tried to get out of bed.
Sadly most of the more unusual aliments receive little attention and funding for research.
Seems like somebody has to make money out of it before it can be researched.
Paul.

He was last known living at Rutherglen House if that is of any use, but may have moved. He'd be pretty old now I'm guessing.
The police can give you his private phone number. They gave it to me but unfortunately I deleted it.

The police in Melbourne can give you his private phone number. Unfortunately I had it and deleted it.

Holy thread revival 🥹

Thanks Pebblz27 for the suggestion but I’d suggest the initial need has been and gone.

The police can give you his private phone number. They gave it to me but unfortunately I deleted it.
And Pebblz... I cannot but idly wonder: a) why the police gave you his private number?; b) why you deleted it?; c) why bother telling us all this now - 7 years after the question was asked?

Ian.

I thought he was technically located in post #2!

And Pebblz... I cannot but idly wonder: a) why the police gave you his private number?; b) why you deleted it?; c) why bother telling us all this now - 7 years after the question was asked?

Ian.
My thoughts pretty much exactly - but if our new member is some kind of scammer or spammer, then I must be really thick because I can't for the life of me figure out what their little game is.

Anyway, Pebblz's thread revival lead to driven posting the Age article, which was an interesting read if (like me) you've not previously heard of the Captain!

My thoughts pretty much exactly - but if our new member is some kind of scammer or spammer, then I must be really thick because I can't for the life of me figure out what their little game is.

Anyway, Pebblz's thread revival lead to driven posting the Age article, which was an interesting read if (like me) you've not previously heard of the Captain!
Yes, the ambit of our new correspondent here - if there is one? - is all a bit opaque. It may remain one of life's eternal mysteries!

As to to Janson - yes he is quite a character! A willing driver too - back in the day. My late brother Peter navigated for him in several rally cars: an XU1 in the 1972 Dulux Rally, until the car suffered engine failure on the leg to Canberra, and a Honda Civic that was nick-named "The Electric Rat" and which sported a faux tail at the rear.
Kim has an entertaining story of him (at post #14) attracting police attention when he was disporting himself - at speed - in a Renault Australia Gordini :)

Ian.