Canola Oil ...

LHM is very expensive in Australia unless you know where to buy it. The Citroen Car club of Victoria is selling it for $13.00 a litre at the moment (gee's I hope they haven't changed the price in the last few months now I've said that :clown: ). You need to be a club member to buy it though.

Depending on where you are in Australia you could try Onshore Oils (queensland) or EAI in melbourne (I've never dealt with EAI, but apparently there quite good).

It's posible I may get some club LHM stock here later this week. It's likely most of it will be gone within a few weeks though. I'll need to buy 5litres myself for a dry fill for the ID19, Gerry is after a dry fill for the CX ( another 5litres ), and there was 4 others after LHM too...

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane , that Penrite site you posted had a link to their home site and all the products that they sell. One of them comes in 1 litre 20 litre and 205 litre tins and is called LHM Plus.
http://www.datateck.com.au/Lube/PenriteAus/
On this page select 'Post 1970 vehicles and equipment'
Then select 'Cars Wagons Utes'
Then 'Citroen'
Then DS19,21,23 0r CX2400 etc.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the picture of the LHM bottle
http://www.penriteoil.com.au/pis_pdfs/LHM PLUS JAN 2010.pdf
This is the Specification Sheet
Cheers Gerry

Last edited:
Thanks Gerry,

there's actually quite a few companies selling LHM here.... It's far more expensive than the club stock. About 10years ago I used to be able to buy 20litre drums quite cheaply. These days club stock is much cheaper. Onshore oils did have quite cheap LHM last time I checked (so I mentioned them), the problem is postage from QLD is very expensive :( .... I think EAI in Melbourne actually import it themselves to keep the costs down.

My suggestion to anyone in Victoria is to join the club ( there a great bunch of people) and get ready access to there cheap LHM through a variety of locations across the state :)

seeya,
Shane L.

I am not desperate yet Roger. Thanks for the offer. Are the DS19 bits of any use to you ( head manifold contact breaker)?
Cheers Gerry:cheers:

Hello Gerry,

Let me know if you beco0me desperate.

Yes, the DS19 parts are useful to me. I'll call in some time.

Roger

My suggestion to anyone in Victoria is to join the club ( there a great bunch of people) and get ready access to there cheap LHM through a variety of locations across the state

Same applies in NSW and no doubt other state clubs

Amazing, I post on an internet forum under the subject "Canola Oil" that I have no LHM here .... and 3days later I have 20litres of it sitting in the XM's boot!!! That's the CCCV for you :)

Gerry there is some LHM here now if you still require some!

seeya,
Shane L.

That's great Shane but I also require the where with all to pay for it! So I guess it will have to wait at the moment!
Cheers Gerry:cheers:

No worries, it can sit for years for all it matters :) I just have to make sure I don't use any unless I have the money there to put aside for it right away..... Or you end up owing the club a big chunk of $$$ for LHM :clown:

seeya,
Shane L.