persons interested in, French cars to the 13th annual Canberra French Car
Day. It will be held on Sunday 14 July from 10am to 3pm on the lawns
opposite old Paliament House (adjacent to Treasury building), cnr Parkes Pl
and King Edward Terrace, Parkes.
The day will take the form of a static display of French motoring history,
with cars from veteran to new models on display. Entry is free to all car
owners and spectators.
There will also be a display of pentanque from the "Boule Dogs". Coffee and
snacks will be available for purchase on the day.

Simon, Are you going?

Robert

Attachments

• L1060128.JPG
    L1060128.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 172
  • L1060126.JPG
    L1060126.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 195
  • L1060114.JPG
    L1060114.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 194
Simon

I only hope it is a LOT warmer and drier than when Deb and I went a few years ago. Was lovely to see all the cars, but it was SO cold and blowy!

Anyway, good luck to all who go - we have the NSW day on the same day at Brays Bay

:)

Usual winter thing for Canberra, Parliament is out, weather turns cold :)

I went to the ACT FCD a few years ago too (a refreshing 15 hour drive in an R4!). Exactly the same weather on the day, COLD and blowy. It did prove the effectiveness of the R4 heater and demister though. However the days either side of the FCD were quite nice!

Is anybody going to try and do a tri-state (well, two states and a territory) run to attend three FCD's in one day in one car?? That would have to be the ultimate challenge!

Simon

Simon

Would that have been around 1999? Was it the day that that huge old car with the round windscreen in front of the driver won a prize?

It would also have been the same day the French Ambassador turned up in a white XM as the sleet started to fall?

If so, I was there in UFO and we bolted soon after! We roared back to Wollongong and the heater in the DS soon kicked in and warmed us up.

:D

Nope, my trip was one year earlier in 1998. I reckon the same old car was there though, a humungous green Hotchkiss.

Weather pattern was not quite identical, the day only decended into drizzle not sleet as the awards were presented!

Simon

Attachments

• DSC02498 (1024x680).jpg
    DSC02498 (1024x680).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC02500 (680x1024).jpg
    DSC02500 (680x1024).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC02503 (1024x680).jpg
    DSC02503 (1024x680).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 147
Weather pattern was not quite identical, the day only decended into drizzle not sleet as the awards were presented!

Simon[/QB][/QUOTE]

I can't believe you lowlanders....the rest of us were handing out sunscreen. The R4 was brilliant Simon. dance

82' 505 and Crusin':
ooohhhh baby.......
Iam gonna have to chuck a sicky off work for this one.

How many pugs would be expected there?

Do they have swap meets?
Cruisin - I have been to a few french days in Canberra and as an organiser of the Auto Italia display also in Canberra, I fail to see the attraction of standing around Parliament house in the middle of winter.
I am going to Sydney for the FCD in my new 205 as the cars a more numerous and I have not seen them all before anyway.
Nothing against Canberra's FC day but I find the drive and weekend at Sydney a lot more enjoyable. As a local I too get sick of the -5 mornings like today when the 504 did not want to start!

ipb :D

Make sure you catch up with your fellow froggers. Come over to where the Citroens are and spot the aussiefrog sticker!

:D head_ban

Now, do you guys really want to miss the judging of Ms Nude ACT French Auto Queen???

We are after all a cultural capital.

a_drink a_drink