Cams bans fast cars

Some Tesla fans will be upset they didn't make the "too fast" list.🤔
Or are EVs ineligible?
From memory there was a BEV in Targa Tas in 2022
Found it:

And for Targa Ta 2023 if it ever happens:

The main issue for (we) tarmac rally participants is that for Targa 165 and Targa 200 categories an international rally licence is required at the princely sum of $1200...but there's more - both drivers and co-drivers are required to do a 2 day driving and/or navigating course and that's another $800...and the hypothetical question was asked of MA - if Neal Bates or Rob Herridge want to do Targa events (eg Tas) would they also have to do the driving courses....and the answer was YES!!
And furthermore, MA have been unwilling to clarify various requirements for tarmac rallies when asked by organisers.
So in WA, Targa West has been re-named Tarmac West and will operate under AASA rules and insurance...and I believe that Adelaide has done the same.
Bottom line seems to be that MA are happy to wash their hands of tarmac events.

Adelaide is staying with MA this year, plenty of entrants for the Tour but they have reduced entry fee to under $2000 for the first 25 entrants in Competition in an attempt to boost the entries. This would mean they don't have 25 yet!

I don’t see why a competency test should be a problem. From commercial pilots to forklift operators it is more than just saying “don’t you know who I am”. As to the licence cost, the tyre bill for serious competition per event is easily $2000.

I expect that MA is far from happy about the situation however the reality is that motorsport fatalities have a direct impact on insurance premiums, depending on corrective action taken by the insured. The nature of corrective action to reduce risk exposure is mostly guided by Coroners findings, recommendations, and claim history. The fact that we are willingly participating in an activity with known risks matters little.

From memory there was a BEV in Targa Tas in 2022
There has been a Tesla Model 3 Performance running in WA targa events for the past 3 or 4 years driven by a friend of mine. It was very fast, very well driven and won its class very easily (and that is against ICE rally cars, not EV,s).

Reactions: COL
I don’t see why a competency test should be a problem. From commercial pilots to forklift operators it is more than just saying “don’t you know who I am”. As to the licence cost, the tyre bill for serious competition per event is easily $2000.

I expect that MA is far from happy about the situation however the reality is that motorsport fatalities have a direct impact on insurance premiums, depending on corrective action taken by the insured. The nature of corrective action to reduce risk exposure is mostly guided by Coroners findings, recommendations, and claim history. The fact that we are willingly participating in an activity with known risks matters little.
I believe that MA and AASA are underwritten by the same insurance company. And AFAIK insurance mainly covers officials/volunteers and not competitors per se. In the case of organisers, insurance would be for claims against them for safety violations.

I believe that MA and AASA are underwritten by the same insurance company. And AFAIK insurance mainly covers officials/volunteers and not competitors per se. In the case of organisers, insurance would be for claims against them for safety violations.
Correct, they both have the same underwriter. The cover is for public liability which covers any common law actions for personal injury. Such an action can be brought by officials, volunteers, competitors and general public. It is not a specific cover for "safety violations", however failure to take appropriate corrective action such as not following coroners’ recommendations following inquests into a fatality or fatalities, would be used as evidence by any person making a common law claim.