Cage nuts for tow bar fitting 406 sedan, D9

freeo46

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I have managed to find a tow bar at a wreckers. I have a 2003, 406 hdi sedan. Will need the cage nuts x 6 that slide into the sub-frame. Anyone have any thoughts about where to source them in NSW? Aust? Found a website in the UK but not cheap and may take a while.

I removed a tow bar from a D9 406 a while. The "cage nuts" in the sub frames were merely nuts (don't know what grade) with long bits of stiff (fencing?) wire welded onto them.

It appears that the nuts are inserted through the sub frame hole towards the front of the car using the wire to located the nut till it's bolted. After installation they seem to have been snipped off through the hole in the sub frame forward of the attachment bolt.

They have nuts on wires if you really want original contact best bars in nz the will have some

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I've just had to pull the tow bar off a 406, and now need to put it back on. I also need the cage nuts. I'm making mine. I could make you a set. No charge.
Garry