C6 at auction

Interesting anyone looked at the cost of parts to repair just looks like bumper and taillight .
Everything else could be repaired.
Does not look like any frame damage .
Has anyone on the forum inspected the car .

Shame it’s a diesel

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I think they only brought about two petrol C6s into Oz, so diesel it almost certainly has to be...

Be wary that the C6's RHR tail lamp doesn't appear to sit against the boot lid correctly. The rear bar cover looks like it would account for most of the visible external damage as it wraps half way around into the rear quarter. (Edit: Picture 3 suggests the rear quarter panel is kinked. The boot aperture is bent on the RHS.) The lamp assembly bolts to the body, so although it is smashed, if it doesn't sit correctly against the bootlid, then you have to assume there is a little more damage inside. You'd have to have a look to know. Some of the parts to consider before bidding ... The rear bar cover 7410Y5, supplied unpainted, which will leave you little change from $3K as a new part. Bare bootlid 860685 approaching $2K, the chrome strip on the bar cover 7452GS $300, RHR upper lamp unit 6351W9 $400, RH bootlid lamp unit 6351W7 $200 plus all the other odds and ends required. You might get lucky asking around, but used parts would be difficult to find locally.

The choice of petrol versions in Australia you could count on one hand.

The blue C5 is not really a 'Comfort' model as it predates the use of that name. It has the 16" steel rims with hubcaps instead of the more common 17" aluminium alloy rims, electric handbrake, spheres, sunroof, halogen headlamps and the full leather seating usually replaced by half leather/cloth on the true 'Comfort'. It's now a sub-10K car, so probably one for the locals only given costs to take interstate unless it sells for very, very little or the buyer simply likes road trip adventures like one friend I have.

Looking at parts overseas

Rear bumper £300
Tail light £ 25
Panel and paint $2000 plus
Transport $2000 unless I fly over and drive it home airfare $500 fuel $500 time immeasurable
So the car would-be worth $5000 to me

I think they only brought about two petrol C6s into Oz, so diesel it almost certainly has to be...

In the pictures it shows the engine bay but doesn’t change the fact that v6 diesels are a money pit.
I would be worried about the spoiler as well.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Revised transport $1000 looking tempting
Could always swap for the old reliable 2l c5 diesel frightened a little VW type R with ours today they stand on their heels when given the boot

Definitely a 2.7HDi as the VIN contains UHZ. The ES9 probably has fewer vices in old age compared to the diesels, but there are a few lower cost workarounds and some engine items can be found from Ford, Jag and LR. Some faults you just have no option other than to pay up $$$$ to fix if you want it working correctly, remembering the oldest C6 is now a 14yo and youngest pushing 10.

Freight on inexpensive but bulky used parts from Europe will be the killer.

Don't you just not need the spoiler when doing over 140kph

Yep but I’m sure we had warning lights from some position fault on one once.

Definitely a 2.7HDi as the VIN contains UHZ. The ES9 probably has fewer vices in old age compared to the diesels, but there are a few lower cost workarounds and some engine items can be found from Ford, Jag and LR. Some faults you just have no option other than to pay up $$$$ to fix if you want it working correctly, remembering the oldest C6 is now a 14yo and youngest pushing 10.

Freight on inexpensive but bulky used parts from Europe will be the killer.

No probably about it plenty of es9 motors around if it all goes pear shaped

I would taking a close look at this vehicle personally. Check out the 3rd image it appears to have a "pumped" rear drivers side rear quarter.

I would suggest there could be more damage than what superficially is showing. It also has missing front lenses from the front bar(Indicators?)

Headlights need polishing if recoverable which also indicates to me it has had a large part of its life not garaged.
No books or service history makes one ask. Why wasn't it repaired? Does it have repairable title?

My two bobs worth
Cheers Andrew

Don't know C6s much, but also should the "service" be lit on the dash when ignition "ON" unless a problem?

There are at least 2 people prepared to risk it or just spare parts value at $2700 under 6-7 would be tempting even if you had to throw $5000 at it

Don't know C6s much, but also should the "service" be lit on the dash when ignition "ON" unless a problem?

Ignition on and running. Nice mix of tyres Michelin along with "Sailwin Sportsway". Must be a Chinese equivalent?

Problem ?? It has missed a service at the very least.
Ignition on and running. Nice mix of tyres Michelin along with "Sailwin Sportsway". Must be a Chinese equivalent.

I see there are 6 bidders into the foray !!

Cheers
Andrew

I would taking a close look at this vehicle personally. Check out the 3rd image it appears to have a "pumped" rear drivers side rear quarter.

I would suggest there could be more damage than what superficially is showing. It also has missing front lenses from the front bar(Indicators?)

Headlights need polishing if recoverable which also indicates to me it has had a large part of its life not garaged.
No books or service history makes one ask. Why wasn't it repaired? Does it have repairable title?

My two bobs worth
Cheers Andrew

Agree re image 3 and that there will be more damage than meets the eye. Also, if you look at the picture showing the front door open with the side of the dash normally protected from light now visible, you can see how the trim has faded. Perhaps, just parked in the sun at work? The headlamp polycarbonate can be polished and recoated, so that shouldn't be a major problem. New headlights cost $2500 per side and the eBay variety are not necessarily the same units. Don't forget in Europe there were taxi 4 cyl versions, so parts may not always suit the higher spec versions sold here.

Possible reasons for it being on offer would include that it's a repo, wasn't insured, an insurer has settled with the owner and/or it is being sold on after realising it isn't the quick and cheap fix expected. Checking for any salvage issues against the VIN would be smart. Victoria still has salvage repairable write-offs I believe, while NSW killed that industry stone cold dead several years ago now.

150k too so belt time, more cost!

very chic auto aside from rear disaster.

If I was in the market I'd want one that didn't require ALL THAT EFFORT!

Plus 15% buyer's premium until it reaches $4K and then drops to 7%. GST is included and not on top.
Timing belt should have been done on age at 10 years. Given the tyres, maybe not???
VicRoads shows the rego was cancelled in March 2019.