C5 X7 Seat heater not working

jya

Tadpole
Hello all, the drivers side seat heater decided to stop working on any of the numbers. Passenger side still working fine..
Had a brief look under the drivers seat but everything still seems to be plugged in.

Thanks dmccurtayne, I assume you mean to look at the seat relay box, which I think is located under the seat.
Would I need to change the relay?

Thanks for the reply. Just had another look under the seat. Only the 2 modules that I can see. The smaller one I have released I assume may be the heater module?
Wasn't much fun releasing the plugs away from this smaller module. Can't see any burnt pins..
Possibly the temperature dial switch I should be buying instead? That didn't want to come away without some bit of plastic breaking..
DSC_0854.JPG

DSC_0853.JPG

DSC_0851.JPG

[EDIT For cars from 2013 ...] You are looking for a matchbox sized black or grey box under the seat with an orange socket plugged into it. A couple of pins will most likely be burnt and the usual factory fix is a new seat harness and control module. However, I imagine you would want to repair this. While it can be harvested from some other models, a helpful Pug owner has done the legwork on the socket for you per below, but you may need to buy a new module if you cannot repair the pins ...
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/peugeot-508-heated-seat-plug.140348/

1625798937364.png

Last edited:
Wow, that's an easy fix .... a couple of snips, a splash of solder .... a scrap of heat shrink and your done :)

Not really Shane, because you would have to solder leads to every pin on the module and then solder the other ends to the harness in the correct pattern. Or you could dismantle the control module (assuming it wasn't damaged internally), drill holes in it and solder on leads to bypass the burnt pins. Or you solder a lead onto each burnt pin of the module, drill out the melted female parts in the orange plug and feed the leads through it and connect to the wire on the other side once the modified module is fitted into the modified plug. You are not just taking one bad wire around a multi-pin connector. That's all OK as a DIY repair, but possibly a bit messy as a commercial repair.

Oh, I was thinking you would just snip out the two burnt wires from the housing and join them leaving the rest alone!

I did just unbolt the seat for more access. Had a very good look to see if any more relays than the 2 horizontal ones I mentioned above.
Couldn't find that large (burnt) orange Peugeot plug David S has shown above..
As per photos below, there are actually another 3 relays; these ones sitting vertically.
Looking from the seat bottom, they sit on the left hand side, close behind the seat control switches.
I did manage to remove the vertical relay plugs and have a look for any traces of burning.
As per photo below of 3 plugs, none seemed to have any burn marks.
The seat warmer relay could be one of these vertical 3 relays. To access these the seat would have to be removed from vehicle and the plastic seat covers around the seat as well.
It could just be the temperate knob switch?

Position of 3 vertical modules circled in blue. Third not very visible.
Every plug in picture has been disconnected. Large horizontal module just visible on top of photo (with barcode sticker).
Small horizontal module has been removed.
3VertcalRelaysLeftHandSideOfSeat_.jpg

3 plugs attached to above (circled) modules
VerticalRelayPlugs.JPG

Not sure if below smaller of horizontal modules is the seat warmer module
Module.JPG

Sorry, I'm leading you astray. The parts diagram shows a change in the module/harness from 2013, so you are before that.
If you think it's the switch, swap them left and right and see if the fault moves. It should be the same part L&R. The control module will be the same left and right for a substitution test. The supply and earth are common for both sides, so if one works and the other doesn't then you at least know that's not the cause.
Find the wires that come out of the seat cushion and backrest pads and check the resistance of the heated pads inside them.
Seat pad Pins 1-4 0.72-0.95 Ohm Pins 2-3 4-10 kOhm / Backrest pad Pins 1-2 0.79-1.05 Ohm