C5 x7 regeneration, blue smoke in engine bay?

Screenshot_20200806-121349~2.png

Sliding my hand at the rear of the engine at the top, in front of the shield, I feel quite a bit of oil, most likely engine oil, there.
As someone mentioned before, looks like the rocket cover gasket leaking.....

To help me look at my engine, there is no conventional rocker cover on a DW10C. There is a housing separate from the head (is this meant?), with the plastic inlet air plenum/vacuum reservoir over that. Each is sealed.
ie, to use the maker's terms: Carter chapeau palier d’Arbres à Cames; Répartiteur d’air d’admission.

Which joint leaks? Or is it at a vacuum solenoid?

Last edited:
I guess the term rocker cover was probably used by the 'service adviser' so I would understand where it is generally coming from, as I know nothing about modern diesel engines! And as you know you can't access the work area in those dealerships "H&S" reasons!!!
I'll be able to let you know more details of what was done when I collect the car and invoice.

Here is a pic of the back of the engine, showing the "layers" - brown (head, culasse, with exhaust), then grey, then yellow. The solenoids are green.
rear of head.jpg

The lower you go, the dearer it gets.

From where I could feel with my hand only, and where most of the oil was, I would estimate about 100 mm down, so say bottom of the grey, top of the brown. I will be able to pinpoint once the invoice spells out the correct terminology. Will post here.

On my RHR engine, I had a big engine oil leak from the mounting of the high pressure diesel pump which sits on the end of a camshaft on the back side of the head. It was all down the back of the engine. Ian at Euroserve said they all leak there.

Cheers, Ken