C5 X7 Accessory Socket (Fuse)

GreenBlood

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
This may be of some help to others. . .

We've owned our 2008 C5 X7 now for just over 12 months and in that time I've not been able to solve the non functioning 12v rear accessory socket. I use the front 12v socket to power a GPS and have not been able to charge my phone on the run.

Extensive searches drew a blank for the location of the fuse for the rear 12v socket, it doesn't appear in the drivers handbook (unless somehow I have missed it).

Looking for something else I have tracked it down to a hidden fuse box that sits beside the battery. . .

I've lifted some pics from here and edited to show English text. Good site showing all the fuse boxes.
https://www.drive2.com/l/465965607221723235/

This image shows the location of the power/fuse box, you need to remove the battery. The box is released via the two clips circled. Remove the red cover.

attachment.php

This shows all the Breakers/Fuses, the yellow box on the right hand side contains the fuse F6 25A which supplies power for the rear 12v accessory socket.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, F6 25A was blown, now replaced and all systems restored. The above pic is not from my car which has all fuse positions utilised - useful to know where the 'Electric Park brake' fuse is hiding too :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• BFDB Battery fuse box clips.jpg
    BFDB Battery fuse box clips.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,316
  • BFDB Battery fuse box.jpg
    BFDB Battery fuse box.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,459
  • BFDB F6 rear 12v fuse.jpg
    BFDB F6 rear 12v fuse.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,232
The bolted 'fuses' are often called a 'fusible link'.
They rarely fail, but it helps to know what to be chasing.

I’ve just bumbled onto the fix for the same problem on my MY 2006 C5. The 12volt accessory socket that lives between the front seats is fused at G38 in the glove box; which the manual shows as the electric heater for the seats....😂
The cheap n nasty tyre pump that caused the fuse to blow has been dispatched to the bin. 😊

Last edited: