C5 wiring

Richard Davis

Tadpole
Hello all,
Do C5 & C4 Citroens have Multiplex wiring systems?
Does anyone know anything re fitting & wiring of driving lamps to C5's?
I spotted a C5 at Moore (QLD) with 2 driving lamps mounted on one of those aftermarket number plate located lamp brackets a month or so ago.
I have a new 307 & am considering that I may need perhaps some additional driving lamps for country night driving (which I have yet to do).
I am concerned whether I will be able (if necessary) to fit additional lamps.
Concerns are the Multiplex wiring & the additional wiring for the lamps plus interference with airbag monitors.
Any feedback would be appreciated,
Richard.

I'm sure they could work around the multiplexed wiring. You'd just grab 12volts from the high beam globe, run a wire upto a new switch inside the car, then another wire back to a relay next to the battery that powers the driving lights.

It should be a peice of cake.

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane i think it might be a bit more difficult than that. I would think with multiplex there is nothing simple. I think it has to be plugged into another computer actually. :nownow:

Somehow, I have a feeling Daniel just might be on the money here!
At work, the bus I drive has this multiplex wiring, I always wanted to have better front lights, as it's difficult to see pedestrians wearing dark clothes at night. The vehicle uses 4 twin filament bulbs, but on low beam, only 2 are used. I was all for just wiring in the un-used filaments but the trouble is, if the computer senses more load than there should be on a given circuit, it can elect to shut it down. Not really the desired effect on an un-lit road in the countryside!!!
This modern stuff can be a real pain in the arse sometimes!
I'd say check it out with someone experienced with this type of wiring system. john s

smiffy1071 said:
Somehow, I have a feeling Daniel just might be on the money here!
At work, the bus I drive has this multiplex wiring, I always wanted to have better front lights, as it's difficult to see pedestrians wearing dark clothes at night. The vehicle uses 4 twin filament bulbs, but on low beam, only 2 are used. I was all for just wiring in the un-used filaments but the trouble is, if the computer senses more load than there should be on a given circuit, it can elect to shut it down. Not really the desired effect on an un-lit road in the countryside!!!
This modern stuff can be a real pain in the arse sometimes!
I'd say check it out with someone experienced with this type of wiring system. john s

Most certainly I agree too, most certainly check with the someone that has multiplexing experiance. Remember the only extra load you would add by bypassing the multiplexing is the load of 1 relay though (your talking milliamps). ie: next to nothing.

seeya,
Shane L.