C5 Wiper Blade Refill

wusyc said:
markm, thanks for your info.

I went to my local Repco store on the weekend. They had to do some finding. They eventually found some 28 inches long 7.5mm plastic backing ones. They cost about $10 each. I bought one and it fit perfectly and wipes very well.

I forgot to take note of the brand. The one I bought was from a rather old looking paper box - looks like old stock that did not get sold out.

I will be going back to the store to buy at least a couple more in case they eventually get sold off. I will take note of the brand then. Will post here again in the next week or so.

On another front, I asked gsfcarparts and eurocarparts via email. A pair of the front full blade cost around 15 GBP. However, the shipping will cost around 26-30 GBP.

I think the brand you found may be TRIDON TMK-28. They are 28in long with a 7.5mm plastic back. I bought 2 from a bulk pack for $11. Tridon list blades for 2002-3 C5, but they are 6.5mm backing. The 7.5mm ones fit so nicely, I don't think I'd try them. For the mechanically challenged like me, the originals are held in with the last guide being crimped. This needs to be opened to remove the fill, and opened so that the retaining clip on the refill fits nicely. Future replacements are then easy - and cheap!