C5 Wiper Blade Refill

wusyc

Tadpole
I am in Melbourne. During my last service, the workshop gave me a pair of "sample" blade refills. The workshop said that the originals are A$120 a pair.

The sample was horrible as they squeak a lot. I changed the passenger one with a TRICO metal backing one.

I am having trouble in locating the right refill for the driver side one. The only one that is close is TRICO's TRP710 (28 inches) and that is the one suggested for 2001 C5. Trico isn't even listing anything for 2003 C5 and beyond (I have a 2003 C5).

Anyone has any suggestions? What's other C5 owner's experience?

Thanks a lot.

wusyc said:
I am in Melbourne. During my last service, the workshop gave me a pair of "sample" blade refills. The workshop said that the originals are A$120 a pair.

The sample was horrible as they squeak a lot. I changed the passenger one with a TRICO metal backing one.

I am having trouble in locating the right refill for the driver side one. The only one that is close is TRICO's TRP710 (28 inches) and that is the one suggested for 2001 C5. Trico isn't even listing anything for 2003 C5 and beyond (I have a 2003 C5).

Anyone has any suggestions? What's other C5 owner's experience?

Thanks a lot.

$120bux for a pair of wiper blades :eek: :eek: Who the bloody hell do they think there kidding ... Your answer was of course ...... Bend over and I'll show you where they fit :eek: :eek: :evil: :evil: :nownow:

BTW: I think this deserves a name put to it. What citroen dealer said that wiper blade refils would be $120bux :mad:

Just whip down to your local autobarn type store and buy some wiper blades that fit. No doubt they can just look at the blades on your car and grab a universal blade off the shelf. If there more than $5.00 a refill I'll be quite suprised.

seeya,
Shane L.

My hope is that they were quoting you for complete assemblies - not just the rubber blades. I replaced the assemblies on my XM last year as they were 8 years old, looked daggy and were jamming up in their fiddly connections therefore not contacting the screen well etc etc. I think the complete pair cost less than $70.

Just before Xmas I bought a new pair of rubber refills (with the thin metal flat rods) and they cost about $16 for the pair. I have previously used el cheapos from parts shops and they have never been as good as the Valeo blades I buy from Continental Cars.

For a price comparison, call Bob in Parts at Cont Cars on 02 9759 9850. They will deal via credit cards over the phone and post direct to you if you like.

Now if the Melbourne dealer was quoting $120 for a pair of rubber refills:eek: , I think you would be wise to report them to the Victorian equivalent of Dept of Fair Trading.

Craig I replaced my C3 wipers last year at some point and they were about $70 but that included assemblies and everything. I got those from That place over in Artarmon. Dapco at peakhurst also have these pretty cheap I have been told.

"wusyc" Does this mean your C5 is now out of Warranty?:confused:

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your quick replies.

I have lots of frustration with my Citroen workshop in Melbourne but I would rather not name them. There are others but they are too far from me. I can tell you guys the story about my oil leak saga later...

For now, the wiper blade rubber refill....

I don't know if the $120 is for the whole assemblies or not. I just don't even want to get near it at all.

I will try ringing up the other Citroen dealer in Melbourne to see what they have. Failing that, I will can Cont cars in Sydney to see how much they will charge for shipping down to Melbourne.

My C5 is still under warranty (half left). It had oil leak issue, auto tran valve replaced and a few more minor issues. Other than that, I am quite happy with it.

It's only wiper blades ... I have no idea why a Citroen workshop is required to do this. *any* (and yes I do mean *any*) automotive type place will sell you a set of wiper blade refills for about $5bux each. Even Big W will probably sell them.

Daniel, I have no idea why your wiper assemblies needed replacing (I hope it was under warranty). I've never needed to replace a wiper assembly on any car I've owned. And I'm buggered if I can work out why anyone would need too (unless they broke them trying to fit new wiper blade rubbers).

Wiper blade are NOT a warranty issue, they deteriate through general use, just replace them yourself (it will NOT impact on your cars warranty any more than adding air to your own tires will).

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane you are 1/2 correct I think. I was told that most new Citroens come with new blades and assemblies as "1" unit. This is not covered under any warranty. Like batteries(mine failed had to buy another one). When the guy in Artarmon "Autofrance" told me it comes all in a complete unit. I just thought he was right. Take off all old assemblies and add new ones from Citroen. :D

I have had the same trouble, at the moment I have a TRICO on the passenger side that wipes fine and keeps the auto wiper sensor happy. On the drivers side I cannot find anything locally so was going to try Andys spares in the UK......or I'll pay the $120 I also was quoted. BTW I also tried some samples and they were crap.

DoubleChevron said:
$120bux for a pair of wiper blades :eek: :eek: Who the bloody hell do they think there kidding ... Your answer was of course ...... Bend over and I'll show you where they fit :nownow:

BTW: I think this deserves a name put to it. What citroen dealer said that wiper blade refils would be $120bux Just whip down to your local autobarn type store and buy some wiper blades that fit. No doubt they can just look at the blades on your car and grab a universal blade off the shelf. If there more than $5.00 a refill I'll be quite suprised.

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi Shane, I agree with you..$120.00 is outrageous...they obviously don't ever want to sell them. :crazy: :crazy:
They must be hand made or something, by the Queen of France.
I had some trouble finding the correct blades for the CX, but ended up as you suggested, in Autobarn or somewhere...I found these excellent COLOUR Aunger blades called "Big Red"...they're 610mm long, you can cut them to size if necessary...about $18.00 for two in a pack...one for now, and one for spare...Excellent.
The only problem I was having was that todays replacement blades all have these ridiculous NARROW backing plates that just fall out of the NORMAL width blade supports, like the ones in the CX and EVERY other car I've ever had. Mine are 8mm, and these will fit both the new 6mm type and the older 8mm types.
You can also get them in blue etc etc.
Cheers...George. :cheers: :cool:

I have now tried 3 Citroen dealers. Two in Melbourne (where I am) and one in Sydney (Continental Cars) all said that they don't have the replacement blade refill and they replace the whole assembly. Cont Car in Sydney has suggested Repco and I will try that this weekend.

I have tried Super Cheap Auto and Autobarn. There is one Autobarn has the 28" one from TRICO but with 8mm backing. That's not good.

Surely, there are wiper blade refills in Europe where Ateco can import and sell it to the dealers. I am getting frustrated with this.

wusyc said:
I have now tried 3 Citroen dealers. Two in Melbourne (where I am) and one in Sydney (Continental Cars) all said that they don't have the replacement blade refill and they replace the whole assembly. Cont Car in Sydney has suggested Repco and I will try that this weekend.

I have tried Super Cheap Auto and Autobarn. There is one Autobarn has the 28" one from TRICO but with 8mm backing. That's not good.

Surely, there are wiper blade refills in Europe where Ateco can import and sell it to the dealers. I am getting frustrated with this.

Hi wusyc....that's incredible...28" is 710mm. I thought the CX ones were long at 610mm.
Do you need the 6mm backing?
If so there should not be a problem as they seem to be the standard backing these days. I'm sure if you shop around you'll find them. :D
Why are they disposing of the entire assembly when the blades need changing? Are the blades GLUED in or something? :confused:
Just curious.
Cheers..George 1/8th. :adrink: :cool:

This is not something peculiar as my old Renault 19 I had to also change over the whole arm assembly too. The thing is they were very easy to find and I won a voucher at a car event at Dapco so they were also free which was better.
"wusyc" have you tried autofrance in artarmon in sydney. He got my last set of C3 wipers for me Ring them. :D

This is off the Andyspares.com site in the UK.

<TABLE borderColor=#db0f2b cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="99%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>93932</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-17" BOSCH </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>General Use </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>3.25 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93908</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>16" VALEO TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>4.75 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93917R</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-19" SPOILER </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>C5 LH </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>4.50 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93918C</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-26" SPOILER </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>C5 R/H SPOILER </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>12.50 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93919</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-18" TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>SAXO;XSARA;XM;ZX; </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>5.00 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93924</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-19" TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>VISA FR&RE;C15 FR;XAN SAL </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>4.75 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93925</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-20" TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>BX;C25;SAXO;SYN;XSARA </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>5.75 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93925A</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-21" TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>VARIOUS APPLICATIONS </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>5.75 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR><TR><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>N93929</TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>WIPER BLADE-22" TWIN PACK </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top>AX FR;XM FR L/H;ZX FR;BER </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>6.00 </TD><TD class=textsmall vAlign=top align=middle>Add </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So if you do your sums you could see that you could buy one of each of the above for about $130 and you would be way ahead.

OBVIOUSLY you can buy spare blades only, so go looking locally. There must be something around. Try this from Trico from their online catalogue:

2001 Citroen C5 <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="70%" bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=lighttext style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid" vAlign=bottom>Product Type</TD><TD class=lighttext style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid" vAlign=bottom>Description</TD><TD class=lighttext style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid" vAlign=bottom>Part Number</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lighttext style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid" vAlign=bottom colSpan=3>Driver </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=defaulttext>Plastic Back Refill </TD><TD class=defaulttext>Refill - Driver Side</TD><TD class=defaulttext>TRP710</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lighttext style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid" vAlign=bottom colSpan=3>Passenger </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=defaulttext>Wiper Blades </TD><TD class=defaulttext>Blade - Passenger Side</TD><TD class=defaulttext>TB450</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e3e3e3><TD class=defaulttext>Metal Back Refill </TD><TD class=defaulttext>Refill - Passenger Side</TD><TD class=defaulttext>TTR610</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=defaulttext>Plastic Back Refill </TD><TD class=defaulttext>Refill - Passenger Side</TD><TD class=defaulttext>TRN610</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e3e3e3><TD class=defaulttext> Or </TD><TD class=defaulttext>Refill - Passenger Side</TD><TD class=defaulttext>TRN560</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lighttext style="BORDER-RIGHT: white 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: white 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: white 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: white 1px solid" vAlign=bottom colSpan=3>Rear </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=defaulttext>Wiper Blades </TD><TD class=defaulttext>Blade - Rear</TD><TD class=defaulttext>TB500</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

When you find the blades, then you go back to the dealer and none too subtley tell them what a pack of rip off merchants they are:nownow: :nownow: :nownow:

Last edited:
UFO, thank you for the information. Yeah, I checked the TRICO website and got the info about TRP710. I found them at Autobarn but they are 8mm backings. I tried it out and it will just squeeze into the wiper arm. I didn't buy it at that point (for the wrong reason - I didn't have money with me).

I will try Repco this weekend.

At www.eurocarparts.com, they have:

BOSCH n/a 485545060 FRONT WIPERBLADES C5 TWIN PACK TWIN PACK
Twin Pack Front £15.50

Just not sure whether these will fit. Someone told me that the OEM for the blade is BOSCH. I will send an email to eurocarparts to ask about this.

I was at Continental Cars today and asked about this. They said they can get a refill that will fit, but it is non-genuine and customers have complained of excessive noise. The genuine article will of course work correctly. I forget the exact price for the aftermarket bit, but it was around the $15 mark.

David

I went to my local auto parts place and he had a "Universal" refill that fitted and seems OK I think it was under $7.00. It is much better than the dodgy ones that came from the dealer. :banana: :banana: :banana:

markm, thanks for your info.

I went to my local Repco store on the weekend. They had to do some finding. They eventually found some 28 inches long 7.5mm plastic backing ones. They cost about $10 each. I bought one and it fit perfectly and wipes very well.

I forgot to take note of the brand. The one I bought was from a rather old looking paper box - looks like old stock that did not get sold out.

I will be going back to the store to buy at least a couple more in case they eventually get sold off. I will take note of the brand then. Will post here again in the next week or so.

On another front, I asked gsfcarparts and eurocarparts via email. A pair of the front full blade cost around 15 GBP. However, the shipping will cost around 26-30 GBP.

C5 wiper blades

Had my wiper blades replaced on my berlingo complete set the whole damn thing by a friendly AUDI mechanic From BOSCH cost $17-00 each included fitting, must I say they are better than orignals from Citroen, Suggest you go to an auto elect get them to look in the Bosch catalogue and go from there
BERLINGO.