C5 stopping

Richyemu

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hello,
I have a 2004 C5 HDI which has an ihtermittent problem of not starting and also just stopping when driving. Anyone know what the issue could be. I've had it to the mechanics , one said it was dirty fuse, another scratched his head and said it could be a fuel pump. It's just been serviced . Yesterday it broke down on a roundabout causing a bit of mayhem.

Welcome. Always start by checking the battery age and state. How old is the fuel filter?
Was it just very low on fuel? The pump is on the RHS of the tank and could possibly have been starved.
Have a look at these threads and see if they assist.
C5 HDi 2.0 (01-05) electric fuel pump engine fuse box repair in this thread: HDI C5 wont start
BSM connector pin allocations for this model: C5 Series 1 won't run
C5 HDi 2.0 (01-05) power loss. Tank pump and vacuum test info from factory manual at post 25. C5 power issue yet again or still

Do you have access to a code reader, no matter how simple?

If a sensor is giving trouble those stops would have raised a code. Read and note what's there, clear them, go for a drive, and read and note again. By note I mean the actual digits, not an instrument's interpretation. Plenty of our members know the meanings as used by Citroen.

My bet is engine bay fuse box but David S bet me to it. With Carlo5 the only time he has just died while driving was after starter motor replacement and the power feed shorted to the block, but dash went crazy 1st. Hence power feed to intank pump is common issue.

Also try disconnecting the MAF sensor if it starts could be air intake blocked, full of water or MAF itself.

Hence read codes before replacing parts

FYI
Most basic code read is available at supercheap!

Also, Welcome to Aussiefrogs!!

Stupid question but....

How large is the collection of keys hanging on the keyring of your C5? And/or is there any chance your right knee could be occasionally hitting the key and turning the engine off?