C4 Sales Numbers

Trixie said:
Maybe also blame ADR's. They would have to crash test each variant - do they also have to do autos and manuals separately? So I suppose they try to pick the most likely to sell. I suppose there is also a several month (?year) lag between deciding to import a variant and actually getting it in the shop. So the sudden surge in diesel popularity following crude oil price rises likely occurred too late for that engine's inclusion at the release.

Also I wonder how many *extra* C4 sales a diesel variant would net. Might pick up some sales from 307 or even Golf at a pinch.

It hasn't been a problem for Peugeot. Look at the 307 range.

Troy.

Yeah, thats somthing I dont understand - Why doesnt the Exclusive come with a manual box? I would of thought Citroen would of racked up a few more sales with a option of a self shifter?

Maybe its got to do with supply or somthing along those lines - Does make it very complicated for Citroen to import colour/transmission variants?

Im starting to see the C4 out and about on the roads, certainly alot more than the Megane at this stage but still, I wouldnt consider them to be "popular".

Any news as to when Australia is going to get the HDI models?

Stalled

I think the main reason we get the choice of transmissions, is because we in england traditionally just don't like auto boxes, and wouldn't buy them otherwise, and as for fuel, well diesel has always been much more popular in europe. You guys in Oz enjoy a much lower petrol price than we do here in england. We are currently paying AU$ 2.086 per litre of petrol!!!
john s

STALLED said:
Yeah, thats somthing I dont understand - Why doesnt the Exclusive come with a manual box? I would of thought Citroen would of racked up a few more sales with a option of a self shifter?

What I don't like is that if you want a 2L manual C4, you have fork out more money and buy the VTS. Why should I pay a premium for the manual version. What happens if I want a 5 door?

Troy.

TroyO said:
What I don't like is that if you want a 2L manual C4, you have fork out more money and buy the VTS. Why should I pay a premium for the manual version. What happens if I want a 5 door?

Troy.
I would no more buy an auto C4 than flying air personally, but no doubt 85-90%-plus of the predicted market for such a vehicle would in preference. No doubt there are all sorts of people who want the VTS in auto as well :nownow: .

Bit like the Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B which was released in manual only but now the auto is selling like hotcakes :eek: .

Re the Pug thing - as they are selling 3 times as many I suppose theoretically they can afford to ADR comply a larger range.