C2 Sensodrive - dead!

Uga Boga said:
Don't give up on the C4 so easily.... 10,000kms and not a problem so far :D (Trust me that is good for a Citroen, just joking :joker: )

It's not that I'm worried about the C4 itself (particularly as I would be looking at a 'proper' manual), it's more that I've had enough of the Citroen dealers (one in particular) here in Perth. . . .

Pete'n'Soaf in Perth

Well im glad im not alone with my trouble with the sensodrive. Seems that BlackC2 and Soafie have had the same problem as me. I hope the update recitfies it. Im lucky my situation is as bad.

I hope your problem gets sorted out quick smart BlackC2. Let me know what the outcome is, my hasnt been rectified yet really.

I bought my previous car from ---------, a renault clio. They managed to get everything wrong on that car, including the first few services. Ill never buy a car from that bunch again.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackC2 said:
As I write, I'm waiting for the tow truck to remove my C2 from the garage. It started but refused to engage any gear. A "snowflake" type symbol flashed as did the "Auto" accompanied by a "Beep".

There are no loan cars available and I've already been abused by one dealer simply by ringing to be put through to service! (I kid you not - no exaggeration). When asked if this was his usual way to speak to customers he whined "I have things to do , sir!".

Maybe I should've bought the Fiesta.:cry:

sounds similar to a problem we had with our c3. Never actually got totally stranded, but at times you would be driving along and an almighty CLUNK would come from the gearbox and you'd be stuck in that gear from then on - snowflake and sport lights BOTH flashed on. had to stop the car and engine, re-start and it would be fine (until next time).

Continental cars at punchbowl re-built the gearbox without any arguing or hassles.

oh - and even a c2 that doesnt go is better than a fiesta!

BlackC2 said:
As I write, I'm waiting for the tow truck to remove my C2 from the garage. It started but refused to engage any gear. A "snowflake" type symbol flashed as did the "Auto" accompanied by a "Beep".
So the Sensless Drive has lost all sense. Hopefully it won't cost to many cents to be put right.

Uga Boga said:
I mean look how serious the fault is, Citroen Australia should provide a loan car, at their own expense...
If they want to keep a good reputation, but look at the first post, the dealer has ruined that already.

I wonder if Miles and/or his staff read AF.

JamesII said:
Every time I've put my Pluriel in for service (admittedly, planned services) I've been able to get a loan car... without booking months in advance.
That was before yours was stolen?

BlackC2 said:
Here it is, as requested - now the daily driver with the C2 gone.
Very nice looking Rover. I know it probably costs more to run than the C2, and more of a hassle to park, but I'd prefer to drive that daily.

enthused! said:
sounds similar to a problem we had with our c3. Never actually got totally stranded, but at times you would be driving along and an almighty CLUNK would come from the gearbox and you'd be stuck in that gear from then on - snowflake and sport lights BOTH flashed on. had to stop the car and engine, re-start and it would be fine (until next time).
Microsoft's BSOD and <CTRL><ALT><DEL> finally fitted to cars! Welcome to the future of the automobile.

There are no loan cars available and I've already been abused by one dealer simply by ringing to be put through to service! (I kid you not - no exaggeration). When asked if this was his usual way to speak to customers he whined "I have things to do , sir!".
Sounds like the fuel injector incident. :cry: :cry: This kind of thing is not good for Citroen.

kermit said:
If they want to keep a good reputation, but look at the first post, the dealer has ruined that already.

I wonder if Miles and/or his staff read AF.

I've notified Miles of this thread. I hope some action will occur, along with Baller's and BlackC2's transmissions are fixed.

thanks,
Andrew

I had a C3 loan car (free!) for a day while my Xsara was in at McCarrolls for warranty (2nd hand, and had never been there before!)..no hassles arranging the freebie loan car. I can't believe this dealer, whoever, treated you this way after purchasing a new car from them :nownow:

The C3 was sensodrive and also managed to flash the snowflake symbol on the dash and wouldn't change up. After panic mode trying to find some damn button (I thought I had knocked some button and it went into Europe snow mode..muhhaaa) I simply stopped, turned the engine off, and then it reset itself and was fine for the time I had the car.

Obviously seems a software fault over a system fault in the C2/C3?

Clio Cup said:
The C3 was sensodrive and also managed to flash the snowflake symbol on the dash and wouldn't change up. After panic mode trying to find some damn button (I thought I had knocked some button and it went into Europe snow mode..muhhaaa) I simply stopped, turned the engine off, and then it reset itself and was fine for the time I had the car.

Obviously seems a software fault over a system fault in the C2/C3?

Actually not only the C2/3, but exactly the same in my C5: which took 2 visits to Cremorne Prestige to get fixed. Mostly only happened soon after startup (couple of mins), and required a pull-over/switch-off/restart to get going. Appeared to be software but was told a servo (I think), or some other valve had to be replaced. IS this the same auto tranny being used, I wonder?

Cheers, HC

happycamper said:
Actually not only the C2/3, but exactly the same in my C5: which took 2 visits to Cremorne Prestige to get fixed. Mostly only happened soon after startup (couple of mins), and required a pull-over/switch-off/restart to get going. Appeared to be software but was told a servo (I think), or some other valve had to be replaced. IS this the same auto tranny being used, I wonder?

Cheers, HC

In a word, no - the C5 is a automatic in the traditional sense = torque converter, sensodrive uses a dry clutch as in a traditional manual.

Cheers
Chris

Epilogue

Picked up the C2 today after last Monday's problem with the Sensodrive's software. Took this long because we couldn't get down there to pick it up until now. (Remember, no loan/hire/courtesy car).

They say that they've installed "new software from France" which should solve the problem. So far it's running just fine. It could be wishful thinking (software placebo?), but it seems to be changing up much faster and smoother than before. (Thought it's pickup was stronger, too - then realised I was comparing it to the Rover I've been driving all week!:rolleyes: ).

For the record, the dealer I was referred to (and rang first, getting the response I mentioned in the initial post) was Parramatta Citroen - it was the Lincorp Service Centre at Camelia that did the work. The service centre was fine to deal with (though the lack of hire cars was not great) and hopefully their work will be effective as well.

BlackC2 said:
Picked up the C2 today after last Monday's problem with the Sensodrive's software. Took this long because we couldn't get down there to pick it up until now. (Remember, no loan/hire/courtesy car).

They say that they've installed "new software from France" which should solve the problem. So far it's running just fine. It could be wishful thinking (software placebo?), but it seems to be changing up much faster and smoother than before. (Thought it's pickup was stronger, too - then realised I was comparing it to the Rover I've been driving all week!:rolleyes: ).

For the record, the dealer I was referred to (and rang first, getting the response I mentioned in the initial post) was Parramatta Citroen - it was the Lincorp Service Centre at Camelia that did the work. The service centre was fine to deal with (though the lack of hire cars was not great) and hopefully their work will be effective as well.

Sounds like you got the latest software upgrade...I hope that it is all fixed and you have much enjoyment out of it!

Cheers