C2 Sensodrive - dead!

BlackC2

Fellow Frogger
As I write, I'm waiting for the tow truck to remove my C2 from the garage. It started but refused to engage any gear. A "snowflake" type symbol flashed as did the "Auto" accompanied by a "Beep".

There are no loan cars available and I've already been abused by one dealer simply by ringing to be put through to service! (I kid you not - no exaggeration). When asked if this was his usual way to speak to customers he whined "I have things to do , sir!".

Maybe I should've bought the Fiesta.:cry:

BlackC2 said:
As I write, I'm waiting for the tow truck to remove my C2 from the garage. It started but refused to engage any gear. A "snowflake" type symbol flashed as did the "Auto" accompanied by a "Beep".

There are no loan cars available and I've already been abused by one dealer simply by ringing to be put through to service! (I kid you not - no exaggeration). When asked if this was his usual way to speak to customers he whined "I have things to do , sir!".

Would you mind telling us, which dealer this is? Name and shame..

What an awful way to treat a customer, it seems all they care about, is receiving the main upfront payment.

These people aren't Citroen enthusiasts, they should hang their head in shame :disappr: :evil: :mad:

I can just imagine how you're feeling... it's an awful thing to happen to a brand new car. :cry:

Oh dear, sorry to hear this!
I've always been suspicious of complicated electronics, especially in the transmission. I hope you are mobile again soon! john s
PS, I agree with uga, name and shame time!!!

Thankyou, (sob!).

I'll name names after they give the car back to me fixed! It wasn't Rick Damelian who sold me the car in the first place.

BlackC2 said:
Thankyou, (sob!).

I'll name names after they give the car back to me fixed! It wasn't Rick Damelian who sold me the car in the first place.

How many kms have you done so far? When shit like this hits the fan, no wonder Citroen has this unreliable reputation. Most of all, the dodgy dealers don't help.

I know for a fact, Jap manufacturers have had even worse shit happen to their cars, but the dealers know how to handle the situation. That's why you don't hear about it... NO loan car? WHAT A JOKE!! CITROEN AUSTRALIA WAKE UP!

BlackC2 said:
Thankyou, (sob!).

Slightly, ok a lot off topic here, I just read your signature a bit more closely.
Do you have any pics of the P6??? they are one of my favourite cars of all time, in fact the soft spot I have for them, is almost as big as it is for citroen CX's!!! john s

Uga Boga said:
How many kms have you done so far?

About 5500km's. Up till now everythings been fine. I've been getting hell at work for risking buying a Citroen. I'm not sure I want to go in today!:blackeye:

(Let me know when I start whineing!):mallet:

smiffy1071 said:
Slightly, ok a lot off topic here, I just read your signature a bit more closely.
Do you have any pics of the P6??? they are one of my favourite cars of all time, in fact the soft spot I have for them, is almost as big as it is for citroen CX's!!! john s

When the fuss dies down lhere later today I'll shrink down a picky and post it. (Cit people avert your eyes!)

Uga Boga said:
NO loan car? WHAT A JOKE!! CITROEN AUSTRALIA WAKE UP!

I wouldn't expect a loan car at that end of the scale. It isn't a viable option for the dealers. Perhaps if I spent upwards of $80K I'd expect a load car. Anything less and I don't have a problem paying the $50 odd for a hire car.

macquered said:
I wouldn't expect a loan car at that end of the scale. It isn't a viable option for the dealers. Perhaps if I spent upwards of $80K I'd expect a load car. Anything less and I don't have a problem paying the $50 odd for a hire car.

Yes, but it's a ruddy warranty issue....

I mean look how serious the fault is, Citroen Australia should provide a loan car, at their own expense...

macquered said:
You Sydney blokes need to give your dealers a shake up. Every time I've put my Pluriel in for service (admittedly, planned services) I've been able to get a loan car... without booking months in advance.

In fact, last service I got a C5 (I was given a choice of C4 or C5). WOW!!

Loan Car, Hire Car -whatever it's called (as opposed to the free courtesy car), they didn't have anything for love or money - he said it was a 2 week advance order.

Instead, I've bitten the bullet and arranged to send in the Rover that I was working on (slowly) myself to my (classic) Rover mechanic to get that job finished do I can be mobile again. Oh, yeah - he has a free courtesy car ready to go today! :confused:

BlackC2 said:
Loan Car, Hire Car -whatever it's called (as opposed to the free courtesy car), they didn't have anything for love or money - he said it was a 2 week advance order.

That sucks. You can't even PAY to use a car.

BlackC2 said:
Instead, I've bitten the bullet and arranged to send in the Rover that I was working on (slowly) myself to my (classic) Rover mechanic to get that job finished do I can be mobile again. Oh, yeah - he has a free courtesy car ready to go today! :confused:

Wow, both cars in the workshop at the same time. It sounds a little like our old fleet (307, 2 x GS, BX). At one point the only car the whole household could use was the $200 GS wagon that we bought for a laugh.

smiffy1071 said:

Here it is, as requested - now the daily driver with the C2 gone.

They took two hours to come and get the Cit (they said one hour). And of course it went into gear then. I'd been unsuccessful three times!

Attachments

• 1969 Rover 2000TC30.JPG
    1969 Rover 2000TC30.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 759
BlackC2 said:

eep! i sure hope nothing like this happens to my C4! I REALLY need it to be reliable...can't really afford to lose any time when going to places...not to mention safety. I was even contemplating the C2 over the C4...i;m glad i didn't after hearing about this! good luck with the car!

BlackC2 said:
Here it is, as requested - now the daily driver with the C2 gone.

They took two hours to come and get the Cit (they said one hour). And of course it went into gear then. I'd been unsuccessful three times!

That is one pretty P6!!! My friends think I'm mad, (they are right) but I always prefered the 4 pot motors of the 2000, and 2200 instead of the buick V8 engine. Did you know that the P6 was the first JET powered car?
john s

sim0n said:
eep! i sure hope nothing like this happens to my C4! I REALLY need it to be reliable...can't really afford to lose any time when going to places...not to mention safety. I was even contemplating the C2 over the C4...i;m glad i didn't after hearing about this! good luck with the car!

My C4 has been ultra reliable, don't worry.. My only gripe is the autobox can be caught out at times, but that's normal with most autos..

When I'm at work, the Bus I drive has an Alison autobox, which is electronically controlled. When shifting between foreward and reverse, it won't select a gear, unless the park brake is on. Now ok, that is how you are taught to drive in the first place, but, it's bloody annoying, and there have been times when it just wouldn't play ball, and I've had to shut the engine down to reset everything. This is most irritating when you might be stuck across a street at the time!! (damned american crap!)
Like I said earlier, I don't trust electronics in the transmission, it just isn't needed, we've managed perfectly well upto now......john s

BlackC2 said:

Mmmm. . .all of this sounds remarkably similar to our C2 (a 2005 plate car). A SensoDrive software update(s) at the first service cleared things up nicely - although, as others have mentioned, it's still possible to catch the system out in some cases. I get the impression that the C2's (anth other SensoDrive cars, I guess) come from the factory with a 'basic' software set which should to be updated with the latest versions before the car is sold. Ours definately wasn't. . .the car was exceedingly dangerous, would often completely lose drive and would continuously go into 'snow mode'.

I must also, unfortunately agree with assessment of Citroen dealers - both of the dealers we dealt with here in Perth showed a remarkable lack of enthusiasm in sorting out our problems. Although we do love the C2 (now) I don't think we'll ever buy another new Citroen. . .which is a pity - I was looking at replacing my Skyline with a C4. . .but not any more.

One good thing did come out of all the electronic failings though. . .it finally made us take the plunge and buy a DS (well an ID, anyway), which has a comforting lack of electronic trickery. . .

Peter and Sophia Clarke in Perth.

Don't give up on the C4 so easily.... 10,000kms and not a problem so far :D (Trust me that is good for a Citroen, just joking :joker: )