c2 in manual??

Bill is away on holidays, i guess the secretary can be blamed for that one :roflmao:

Uga Boga said:
Bill is away on holidays, i guess the secretary can be blamed for that one :roflmao:
But you HAVE to change gears .. so it's a manual :) ... actually what does the various state transport depts say about these cars, can you drive one with an Auto onlt license ?

- xTc -

Technically it is a manual gearbox, the MA5 from memory, with the Sensodrive system operating the clutch and gearchange.

Troy.

XTC said:
But you HAVE to change gears .. so it's a manual :) ... actually what does the various state transport depts say about these cars, can you drive one with an Auto onlt license ?

- xTc -

I recall one of the sales guys at Allpikes saying you had to have a manual licence to drive one.

Troy.

What you need?

106 Rallye said:
If only real 3-pedal manuals were available!! - I'd buy one.

Aahh....you are speaking of the C2 VTS - about 90 kW and a fully manual box! :evil:

I love my C2, and now with the latest software, the Senso Drive is very, very good....but if the VTS was offered here, as it is in Europe...I would be looking at one as well. :joker:

Cheers

Nil Time said:
Aahh....you are speaking of the C2 VTS - about 90 kW and a fully manual box!

... or the GT (same hardware as VTR but manual and a bit lighter). It's good you're happy with the VTR, and that they offer sensodrive - just wish they'd offer manual too. I don't doubt sensodrive is good but for me so much of the fun of driving comes from working a manual box and so I'll only buy manuals.

The citroen C2 VTR is An electronically controlled manual gearbox,
the 1.6i 16V C2 GT comes with a smooth five-speed manual gearbox ,
The Citroen C2 VTS 125hp 1.6i 16V petrol engine 5-speed gearbox 0-62mph time of just 8.3 seconds, plus there are many other smaller versions of the C2.

The C2 is available in 1.1 with a 5 speed manual. there are a number of driving schools here that are using them. Under UK law, any car with a senso-drive or similar transmission, is deemed to be an automatic, and that is the only licence you would get if you did your test in one.
We still BY FAR prefer manual gearboxes here, and I think that is why citroen give us more choice here. It is known that Citroen are trying very hard to push the senso-drive system, but even they know if they didn't give us true manuals, they would lose market share. john s

smiffy1071 said:
The C2 is available in 1.1 with a 5 speed manual. there are a number of driving schools here that are using them. Under UK law, any car with a senso-drive or similar transmission, is deemed to be an automatic, and that is the only licence you would get if you did your test in one.
We still BY FAR prefer manual gearboxes here, and I think that is why citroen give us more choice here. It is known that Citroen are trying very hard to push the senso-drive system, but even they know if they didn't give us true manuals, they would lose market share. john s

I think it would be deemed to be auto here as well..
here more people have auto's then manuals and if you do your test in an auto here, you are allowed to drive a manual after you get off ur provisional licence, which is about 4 yrs..even if you have never driven a manual before, ur automatically allowed to drive one.
i have asked a uk forum and most people say the sensodrive is the more popular there with the VTR and furio,considering the GT is limited edition and the VTS hasn't been out as long as the VTR..