BX16v Which tyres work best

twm

Fellow Frogger
This will be an interesting question, I have to replace the tyres on my BX16v, now which ones work the best for wet grip and wear. I had a set of michellans on an ALFA once and tested the wet weather stopping, I was doing 80k and locked the brakes, 200 meters later I was glad the lights changed. My point is that hard compounds and euro patterns may not work very well on our roads especially on light cars.

Anyone have some experienced comments, since I believe this can effect rided a great deal as well? :confused:

Terry,

I've been meaning to ask you, which 16v did you buy? Was it a red one?

I have a set of Falken Azenis RT215 on my BX. They were probably overkill, but I liked them on a WRX STi V6 I drove once. It's a budget ultra-high performance tyre. I was expecting mediocre wet performance judging by the tread pattern but they were surprisingly good in practice.

I bought mine from the temple of chrome - Tempe Tyres;

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=14+inch&part_no=298

I'll be there on Sunday if you want to check them out.

I run a couple of Falken directionals on the rear and Dunlop LeMans A5s on the rear and it works a treat.
Michelins I was not impressed with and neither are my sons with one swapping for Falkens the other Yokohamas. The Yokos are pretty ordinary by comparison to the Falkens though.

Alan S

Duals

Alan never tried dual tyres on the rear of a 16v how do they handle :joker:
Cheap as chips stick like sh..t to a blanket Hankook Optima on the front . Who cares whats on the back their just there to stop the sparks :nownow: They all wear out real quick if you've got heavy right foot $95 each have fun :rolleyes:

Alan S said:
I run a couple of Falken directionals on the rear and Dunlop LeMans A5s on the rear and it works a treat.
Michelins I was not impressed with and neither are my sons with one swapping for Falkens the other Yokohamas. The Yokos are pretty ordinary by comparison to the Falkens though.

Alan S

OK so do you put to Falkens on one side at the rear and then the two dunlops on the Other side at the rear? :roflmao:

Oh and it is not a red one......

twm said:
OK so do you put to Falkens on one side at the rear and then the two dunlops on the Other side at the rear? :roflmao:

Oh and it is not a red one......

PS. For the record, the Dunlops are on the front. :cry: :mallet: :mallet: :mallet: :censored: :cussing: :2xmiddle:

'twas not I that asked about the colour as I would more likely guess at this being a car that originated in Newcastle from a mate of mine who I know has had it for sale for a while. :confused:

Alan S

Alan S said:
PS. For the record, the Dunlops are on the front. :cry: :mallet: :mallet: :mallet: :censored: :cussing: :2xmiddle:

'twas not I that asked about the colour as I would more likely guess at this being a car that originated in Newcastle from a mate of mine who I know has had it for sale for a while. :confused:

Alan S

Alan

Just being cheeky - It is a white one from that area. PM me for details if you wish.

Terry