BX16v return lines, which one is this?

Hi crosspug -

You should be able to follow the 2 rubber hoses attached to
(LHS wheel arch) front strut rubber leak-off hoses - all the way over the subframe - ending up with the 2 plastic tubes in question.
The correct routing for these pipes is inside a large plastic sheath residing on front of the subframe. The plastic sheath is there for physical protection & fixing of the pipes only.

These 2 plastic tubes in turn is a push-fit into the rubber (Octopus) dingy that resides in the most silly place over the engine lower mounting. The pipes simply pushes into the rubber from left - and will lock in the rubber by the indents on the ends.
It will be MUCH more clear if you do an engine clean in the area.

Because of earlier epairs or re-locations - these pipes may now simply be too short. No problem. Extend with anything handy - like suitable diameter fuel hosing. Just have to cope with mineral oil based LHM under leak-off (seeping) "pressure".

Good luck.
You are in the best hands on this forum :cheers:

Well first green/red blood has been spilled (together at least). Armed with print outs of the suspension line diagrams (thanks Alan), and everyone elses idea of the octopus.

I found the offending line from the back of the height corrector, rubber about 10cm long. It was hiding behind the powersteering running vertically up inside the subframe bends. Cool I think I'll just bend it down and voila!!

Bluudy fell off the other end where its connected to the octopus didn't it.....

But after pain, strain and slight blood loss from my hands both ends are back where they should be. It required one hand from the RHS wheel arch, one from over the top of the power steering and one from beside the subframe between the height corrector (yes i realise that is 3, had to clamp the hose from the wheel arch so I could reach it from behind). Amazingly easy to slide on (and off) zipp ties are waiting to be put on just in case.

Also found the connections for the other 2 plastic lines. Those that know hte octopus will know that one "half" resides in a hard to get place but is kind of visible. The other half sits almost inside the subframe not visible and even more fun to reach (and god help whoever came up with that coz I'm going to hunt them down.:evil:)

Guess where the other two are meant to go?? Yep god only knows I can't see.:wink2:

But very happy that what I think is the major leak should now be stopped.:D (I hope!! almost 4L of LHM later)

Thanks for all your help, now I'm going to give it a test and try and find the other two spots.....

Jono:crazy:

Excellent!

At least you can take it for a decent spin now without draining the tank.

Sean: It hasn't put me off French cars but it has taught me that some people have very different opinions on reliability, economy and driving pleasure. Unfortunately there isn't much on the market at the moment that I would call a 'drivers car' so I'll probably not own anything French for the first time since around 1997. I'm keen to go for a spin in a 604 anytime though :)

AH HA!!

Still a few drops here and there, and I'll probably have to replace the Octopus at the drivers feet in the new year as there is a crack in LHS strut rubber hose but car is perfectly driveable (without LHM refill between trips). Infact it Wonderful!!!!!!

Have had a decent drive on my favourite roads around town and short trip south on the highway. Car is everything I'd hoped for dynamically and comfort wise, and it certainly gets attention in this city. People just blindly stop and stare:eek: as it is parked at my work or driving past them.

Thanks for all your support and help sofar, probably more needed later when the replacement rubbers are to be done. But just thought I'd share how it was going.

Jono:party:

Well done Jono
Brenno let me have a drive of it about a 8 months back and YES, it is mighty comfy. Good luck with the repairs, you can now take your kenwood stereo out of the swift and enjoy long trips with the GF in your new c-tro-n.... - Chris

CHRI'S16 said:
Well done Jono
Brenno let me have a drive of it about a 8 months back and YES, it is mighty comfy. Good luck with the repairs, you can now take your kenwood stereo out of the swift and enjoy long trips with the GF in your new c-tro-n.... - Chris

Yeah, the GF is pretty cut to be loosing the stacker!!!! But she "did" ok it as long as I take her on picnics in the car!!! hahaha:roflmao: And I put one of other CD's that I've got into the swift.

At least we can hear ourselves think in this car unlike the swift.

Jono