BX Checkout

twm

Fellow Frogger
Hi Guys

Being new to the BX scene, who would be the best to give mine a once over look at to identify what needs to be repaired?

I drove down Parramatta rd yesterday and thought they had fixed the road, silly me. The more I drive it the more I want to drive it, I think im in love - sorry got carried away :wink2:

Cheers

Some basic things to check are

1) timing belt, check service records to see when it was last repaced, should be every 80 to 100,000k.

2) rear arm bearings, if they are bad you will notice the tops of the rear wheels lean inward, and/or a groan or creaking noise when the car rises at the rear.

3) see other threads for symptoms of front struts sticking and how to fix it

4) shperes, as per any other hydraulic cit, same with LHM change

5) dashboard usually cracks, especially panel just under windscreen

otherwise BX is fairly vice free, and easy to fix.

When the BX was new, Citroens slogan was loves driving, hates garages, and it is largely true.

petermelb said:
Some basic things to check are

1) timing belt, check service records to see when it was last repaced, should be every 80 to 100,000k.

2) rear arm bearings, if they are bad you will notice the tops of the rear wheels lean inward, and/or a groan or creaking noise when the car rises at the rear.

3) see other threads for symptoms of front struts sticking and how to fix it

4) shperes, as per any other hydraulic cit, same with LHM change

5) dashboard usually cracks, especially panel just under windscreen

otherwise BX is fairly vice free, and easy to fix.

When the BX was new, Citroens slogan was loves driving, hates garages, and it is largely true.

Thanks Peter