BX 19 TRi info

orestes

Fellow Frogger
not being a citroren buff i'm a little confused as to these cars i have heard they are the same engine as the 205 GTI, but it was a little while ago so my memory is also a little vauge, so what exactly makes these cars go, also are all BX's the same in the suspension (if you'd like to call it that) setup, or is there variations in the upsy downsie bit to ?

Pretty much are all the same ... The motor & gearbox == Poogoe 405 ie: yep, same family as the 205 GTi motor.

All BX's have basically the same suspension setup. I think the only difference is the spheres on the 16valver (though it may have bigger anti-roll bars so don't quote me on that).

They would be an excellent upgrade from a 205 :whip: :whip: :whip:

seeya,
Shane L.

Engine wise:

tri = 205 s1/s2
tri122/tzi = 205 s3/405sti
16V = mi16

Suspension wise:

GT/tri - soft suspension skinny roll bars, soft spheres
Tri122/tzi - thicker roll bars still fairly soft.
16V - much thicker roll bars and harder spheres.

Cheers,

Dave

hmm, whats the weight diffrence between a 205 and a BX

EDIT: 120 kg's, not much really

Last edited:
orestes said:
hmm, whats the weight diffrence between a 205 and a BX

EDIT: 120 kg's, not much really

or almost the weight of two passengers which in a 5 seater is a fair bit really. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Alan S :cheers:

PS. Incidentally, 120kgs isn't two of me! :joker:

Alan S said:
Incidentally, 120kgs isn't two of me! :joker:

whats is ?? 210kg ?? :roflmao: im kiding i'm sure it's less... but anyway, it's something i'm debating as there is a cheap one for sale atm though i'm not saying where

Last edited:
Alan S said:
No greengrocers or fish and chip shop owners in my family. :nownow: (Been in Athens too long) :roflmao:

Alan S :trouslap:

i'd like you to meet my uncle con one day alan :joker:

Any BX19 with a manual gearbox is going to be a quantum leap forward in performance from a 1.6litre slugomatic :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Most certainly I don't think you will be dissapointed. Do get someone to look at the car that know them before you purchase though. I have one that I could sell cheap, but there's no way I'd recommend it to someone. Far better off to find a good one as a starting point.

seeya,
Shane L.

Well this is a big turnaround, I seem to remember you telling us how ugly Bx's are in every 2nd post!?!?!??

Dave

Dave said:
Well this is a big turnaround, I seem to remember you telling us how ugly Bx's are in every 2nd post!?!?!??

Dave

ugly yes, but cheaper then the peuget alternative, and who cares once your inside the thing ??

if your looking at the red one on ebay .... I believe its this one that dad and I checked out when at phils rotaries link here

If you look at the sellers other items on ebay they are all rx7s etc so i'm 99% sure its the same car. Now the car was pretty rough, not being looked after by them there and they have been using it as the workshop hack car for the last 6-12 months. So its currently being thrashed. It was a bitch to start when we were there - flat battery and no fuel, not the cars fauly. The interior is the yucky brown colour and is really crappy, horribly cracked and worn. And absolutely no cool air from the air con.
Once going it did drive ok- well as well as it could with flat tyres and no petrol, and it looked alright from a distance, but on close inspection It wouldn't be up to my standard.

Dave

92_3.JPG

orestes said:
i'd like you to meet my uncle con one day alan :joker:

I knew you'd have one somewhere in the family tree.

I originally came from Ipswich, so I knew a lot of Gyleeces (sp) Londys, Venardos, Boubalous, Souvlis, Kirks and went to school with quite a few kids of migrants in those days.
All the backbone of the grocery, Cafe and fish and chips businesses in Ipswich many years ago, hence the little dig I couldn't resist... :roflmao: :roflmao: :D
Most grew into 100Kgs specimens from eating the profits. :cry:

Alan S :cheers: