BX 16Vs on the rise?

Alan S

1000+ Posts
The ownership of BXs overseas seems to have gone from selling/giving away to cult status in some areas with clubs now forming and people actually beginning to realise what a great car they really were.
We have the BX UK Club, the BX16Valve Club besides others who have them in preference to later models, in some cases selling the later cars to replace it with a BX.
Here's one advertised over there that was snapped up by a guy in the 16V club. Note the write up and whilst to us the price looks a bit pitiful, over there this isn't too bad when you compare it with prices they were pulling say 3 years ago. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=42270&s=439

42270-5.jpg

Doesn't look real bad; the new owner reckons it's actually better than the pic.

Alan S

Citroen BX GTi 16 Valve

700 pounds???? I'd give him ten times that amount!

:cry: :cry:

Uga Boga said:
Citroen BX GTi 16 Valve

700 pounds???? I'd give him ten times that amount!

:cry: :cry:

Yeah bloody expesnvive isn't it. I can't remember the last time I saw a BX adverstised for that price in the UK.

Keep in mind the 16valve BX's are considered a big and fast car. They are also horendously expensive to insure (It's not uncommon to hear of people paying 2-3000pounds a year :eek: :eek: to insure these types of cars). The likes of BX 1.1litres are cheap to insure.

Recently there was a CX 2500 GTi Turbo II with Machonics stage 1 coversion fitted for sale that sounded like a decent sound car. It started at 500pounds and dropped to 200pounds ..... Don't think it sold and ended up being crushed. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

seeya,
Shane L.

Those crazy Brits!!! What a waste!! :mad: :mad:

If only our gov made it easier process to import cars! :evil:

DoubleChevron said:
Yeah bloody expesnvive isn't it. I can't remember the last time I saw a BX adverstised for that price in the UK.

Keep in mind the 16valve BX's are considered a big and fast car. They are also horendously expensive to insure (It's not uncommon to hear of people paying 2-3000pounds a year :eek: :eek: to insure these types of cars). The likes of BX 1.1litres are cheap to insure.

Recently there was a CX 2500 GTi Turbo II with Machonics stage 1 coversion fitted for sale that sounded like a decent sound car. It started at 500pounds and dropped to 200pounds ..... Don't think it sold and ended up being crushed. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

seeya,
Shane L.

Can you actually get a 1.1 liter BX?

If so id imagine walking would be soooo much quicker!

Cyas Stalled

The 1.1 was an early model sold in the Netherlands and was the most basic of models.
Not many were sold and there are people in Europe who know the story behind these constantly looking out to buy one for collection purposes.
They were no firecracker but unfortunately due to their low new price and resulting lack of resale, the guys I am aware of looking for one have been on teh lookout for over 5 years now. I once thought I'd found one for him, and had a very excited response to my e-mail but to my knowledge, they still haven't found one.
The other point is that I know of another 16V for sale over there and the owner is looking for over 1,000 UK pounds and has already indicated he won't take less than a grand for it.
UgaBoga, if you want a BX16V GTi and you're prepared to pay 10 times 700 UK pounds, you might have yourself a deal; my son owns (to our knowledge) possibly the only one in Australia. :cheers: I'm sure I could sweet talk him into selling it to you for that price!! :eek: :eek:

Alan S

peujohn said:
Just what is a BX 16valve GTi? Besides the badge?

The GTi version was the early model released overseas that was never sold in Australia.
It had no catalytic converter, was a higher comp motor to the ones we got out here and was a 160BHP engine as opposed to a 148BHP that was in our cars.
In appearance, the series 2 with cat had an "Ironing board" spoiler whilet the GTi had a pram handle. There was a slight difference on the tyre size (the GTi having tyres .5" narrower than the series 2) but apart from that they were almsot identical.
My sons car has had a set of oversize valves fitted to the intake and a reconditioned engine, it currently runs a MoTeC engine management system.

The comparison between the models can be found here under "BXGTi 16 Valve" if yu scroll down the list.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/css/bx.html

Alan S