BX 16v for sale

queenslander said:
Hello!

I have been looking for a good manual 16v for a while and came across this 1990 model in Carsales.com.au. As I'm in Brizvegas has anyone down South seen or know anything about it? It is at Citroen Centre, Roselands and the listing is here:

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/citroen/bx/sydney/detail.aspx?id=2326456&pg=1&pp=3&d=0&nv=1

Any help / advice appreciated!

Tony

Why would you bother with a mystery car when there's this one available?

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28706

Ever heard the saying "there's no such thing as a free lunch"? well same applies to BX16Vs bought off dealers; if a dealer's got it cheap, it's stuffed and if you have to play Russian Roullette with others to service it, the price of a mint car suddenly seems very cheap.
That car of Brendan's should be almost totally sorted now and at the asking price, you should be on the phone to Virgin Blue booking your flight by now.
There's plenty on this board who can tell you some history on that.

Alan S :cheers:

Yeah Alan's right.

Macquered has spent a fortune on maintaining his Cit and keeping it mechanically solid.

It's definitely worth spending the extra $

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the input!
Don't know how I missed this one in the forum; I've emailed Brendan for some more pix / info.

Cheers
Tony

Uga Boga said:
Yeah Alan's right.

Macquered has spent a fortune on maintaining his Cit and keeping it mechanically solid.

It's definitely worth spending the extra $

Yeah i second that.. I have seen both cars, and i have to say the white one at continental looks downright shabby compared to macquereds car.

I know looks aint everything though (otherwise why would you buy a bx? :clown: ).

Queenslander,

I've replied to your mail with links to more pictures. If you want, you can fly to Sydney and take my BX to Continentals and compare both cars side by side. I live less than 10 mins taxi ride from the airport.

Others: Thanks for the favourable comments on my car. I wouldn't call mine a 'mint' example, but it's pretty nice nonetheless.

macquered said:
Others: Thanks for the favourable comments on my car. I wouldn't call mine a 'mint' example, but it's pretty nice nonetheless.

mac, I think the suggestion is that your car by description is better than the $$$ you are asking - if it were closer to home it would be parked in my garage lol :D good luck with the sale :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Heh yeah. I took it around the block last night because it is so suddenly nice and warm down here, and I thought to myself how silly I am to let it go at that price.

Oh well. I've still got the GS, and the money would be handy. The next Cit I buy will probably be a DS, but not for a few years yet.

macquered said:
Oh well. I've still got the GS, and the money would be handy. The next Cit I buy will probably be a DS, but not for a few years yet.

Don't leave that purchase too late, good Ds are very much appreciating and becoming scarce - despite the numbers that have turned up at recent events celebrating 50 years, most owners would be very loath to part with a good example.

Cheers
Chris