Button to Stay!

306XT

Fellow Frogger
What a load of XXXX. He should of done the right thing and go to the Williams, but instead it's "me, me, me", so he's staying at BAR. But I guess Frank must be laughing in his office, with £25 million to cover his engine deal. Knowing his car have a very good chance of coming out as shxxbox, so he can careless who's driving it anyway :D .

On another note, we have Mario Theissen questioning the use of v10 engines by the new junior Red Bull team, cause he's scare that JV in the Beemer will get lap by Scott Speed on his way to win a race.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=98578

Please, your car is going get lap by even the Williams regardless of what engine is in the back. Sauber to do well next season :confused: What he's asking for is unreasonable, for once give the little guys a break! Even if they arent that little anymore :blackeye:

He's not wrong in his judgement. A V10 with more displacement, even an old Minardi Cosworth, will have more torque across the range than a decent V8 so it would absolutely fly around tighter circuits. Now that Minardi have been bought out by a company with far more funds I think it would be unfair to allow them to run the V10's.

Rich

p.s. Button's a whinging pom. A man's as good as his word. I have no respect for him.

Last edited:
latest news Chri's16 of aussie frogs fame to drive for Fisi, so he can chill... - Chris

ps. its that silly season again.

Zen said:
He's not wrong in his judgement. A V10 with more displacement, even an old Minardi Cosworth, will have more torque across the range than a decent V8 so it would absolutely fly around tighter circuits. Now that Minardi have been bought out by a company with far more funds I think it would be unfair to allow them to run the V10's.

Rich

p.s. Button's a whinging pom. A man's as good as his word. I have no respect for him.

But what do you define as a rich team? 30million budget or a 100? I think anyone without an offical factory backing is now consider as the "not so well off". So I believe teams such as midland, RBRJ :D should have a choice of using a V10 if they wish to. How are they going to attract new teams into the game if they have next to no chance to have a good results. Anyway just the engine will not win you anything, just look at the Williams with their beemer engine. Teams like jordan (remember they do have the toyota v10) has a car that is 3-5 sec slower then the front runners, I very much doubt an engine with a power advantage can bridge that gap. Maybe 2sec but not 3-5.

306XT said:
Teams like jordan (remember they do have the toyota v10) has a car that is 3-5 sec slower then the front runners
.... what tyres do Jordan currently use.... maybe there's a clue. Their aero & drivers are who? - Chris

CHRI'S16 said:
.... what tyres do Jordan currently use.... maybe there's a clue. Their aero & drivers are who? - Chris

Yep, compared to the front running Bridgestone runners, Minardi and Jordan are only 3 seconds maximum off Ferrari's pace. At some races they have only been 1 second off Ferrari.

Didnt realise Ferrari is that slow nowadays :roflmao: I was going to say the only team that should be worry is Williams and Midland (if Junior Red Bull do go with v10 next year)