Brisbane 'frog' cruise

Billy

Fellow Frogger
I was wondering when the Mt Glorious cruise was - that has the pictures in past events area of website - and when will be the next one?

Last time I took the 205GTi for a run there, I got stuck behind a bus coming down Mt Nebo and ended up with fouled a plug - had only had the car for a couple of weeks and I was very worried when it started missing :eek:

I was relieved that I hadn't broken something - silly billy :p

cheers,
Simon

I am keen to organise another drive in the upcoming weeks. Can we have some expressions of interest now and whether saturday or sunday is better for people. I suggest early morning, like 7am to miss the tourists.

I have been on a few drives with the Performance Forum group, the first one was brilliant, about 400kms and took the best part of a day. I am pretty sure I know the way. There were truly some magnificant roads.

This was a cruise I (and chipper) went on late last year. Was a very nice run, not much traffic.

Meeting: Mobil Servo Amberly Cunningham hwy Willowbank
Route:
Haigslea Rosewood RD -> Ipswich Rosewood rd into ( 98 ubd 231) ROSEWOOD

TURN RT at SCHOOL ST cross railway turn LEFT at STATION turn RT at ALBERT ST

then LEFT onto ROSEWOOD LAIDLEY RD (ubd 209-210) follow to GRANDCHESTER

cross railway turn RIGHT and head for LAIDLEY. once in laidley outskirts
TAKE the

DOWNTOWN turnoff. TURN BEFORE BRIDGE for GATTON ( this goes to forest hill)

follow to FOREST HILL - go throught town (SLOWLY!! COP THERE!!) cross rail
tracks (careful HAIRPIN TURNS-BLIND!!!!!!)

REGROUP

2km just outside town TURN LT for GATTON TURN OFF (sign easy to miss!!)

Go through GATTON turn LT at lights for HELIDON once there take LT turn to

TOOWOOMBA onto WARREGO HWY. stay on this rd 4KM - look on RT for

POSTMANS RIDGE RD ,MURPHYS CK , Toowoomba KART TRACK SIGN

TURN RT.

REGROUP (optional - parking area for 15 or so cars just off road)

follow to turn off for MURPHYS CK , TURN RT.

stay on until town of murphys ck regroup for break in park area

leave for HIGHFIELDS up mountains

at top turn RT for CROWS NEST stop at Shell Station in Highfields for
OPTIMAX fillup on left side.
20min break for cool down.

leave for CROWS NEST (ESK)

TURN RT at ESK TURN OFF, ( the fun begins!!!)
follow to ESK. break at park area
leave for FERNVALE BAKERY for lunch/snacks -

home via Warrego hwy to brisbane.
END.

Yeah I would be keen to bring the Mi16. My mate would bring his 205GTI. Sunday would be ok, so long as it doesn't clash with kart racing.

Can someone with a radar detector please run at the front as I only have 1 point left on my licence.

cal, dont suppose you have a black MI16 with a peugeot sport sticker on the back?

I have seen several s16's/gti6's/gti's/ and mi16 around the chops but dont think any frequent this forum.

'400kms and took the best part of a day' - geez that's a bit serious aint it?

I reckon driving the 205 is a blast, but the seats aren't that comfy and the ride is a bit harsh for a long drive.

Still the fun usually lasts - at least til I get to where I'm going wink

count me in I will bring a 205gti and get my old man to bring his 307. Just give heaps of :D notice

Neil :D

Ok, how about I flag a possible date as Sunday 5th or 12th May. Saturday of these weekends could also work.

If I can have car numbers we can see what floats whos boat.

When you decide on a date I'll bung it up the top of the forum with the Sydney one if you think it looks OK wink

Yeah, that'd be good. I would like a good turn out, hence my linked post in General.

My MI16 is a red series 1. Number plate PUG 016. I saw you at the French car show at the Uni last year and also on the gateway arterial road one day. My mates 205 is dark grey with the number plate PUG 416.

Sunday 5th May is the same Day as McLeans Bridge (the biggest sportscar meeting in the southern hemisphere), so that day is out for me. 12th looks ok.

Cal.

Sorry Phasis, I just realised Neil has already responded. That 3 cars from us.

Cal.

5th May...Isn't that also Mothers Day because that bridge meet was or still is held on the same day.

So how would the 12th May suit everyone?

So far we have
Phasis, Billy, Reno17, AxGT, The Pupat, Neil 416, Neil and Cals 205, Neil and Cals 307, then I will try to get Chipper and Chipeprs Brother, making about 9-10 cars.

Maceans Bridge is traditionally on Mother's Day which I thought was the first Sunday in May, but after consulting two calenders I find Mother's Day on the 12th. Maybe someone should consult the Triumph Club that runs the day.
Alan

What's McClean's Bridge (Spelling?)?????
Can anyone answer sounds interesting, but I've never heard of it.

macleans bridge is just south of browns plains and holds supposedly the biggest sports car meet in the southern hemisphere. [approx. 300 to 500 cars] altho it never appears that many. there was actually a few frog cars there for the fist time last year. well worth a visit. it is held on mums day. c u there!!