Brand new Xsara

SLC206

sans witticism
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
A friend of mine has just snaffled up the last (apparently) Xsara 1.6 to be had in Oz.

To tell you the truth, I'm mighty surprised there were still some around, and she is quite happy with her purchase at any rate (as you can tell from the pics - winners are grinners). I think she got an extremely good deal, but the car is an '03 model (I think).

Attachments

• xsara1.jpg
    xsara1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 279
  • xsara2.jpg
    xsara2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 278
Yes it would be 03 model at latest. From late '03 (from memory) they has the revised bumper with the fog lights in the lower part of the bumper (as opposed to having them integrated in the headlights like this one).

I miss my VTS.

Troy.

When we bought the C4 there were a handful there for about $18 driveaway. Bargain; wise alternative to Korean shockers of a similar size IMO.

John is right there were some real Xsara bargains.:tongue: Before the C4.

Nice grin but I hope she got a 3 yr/60K warranty. 2001-2003 Xsaras are not exactly reliable, a hit or miss luck on getting one without any problems. I would recommend that she checks if her COM2000 stalk has been upgraded. If she's got the auto, also ask if they have the new AL4 electrovalves. She should also check coolant leak i.e. thermostat, head gasket, especially the heater matrix. Other issues like noisy passenger seat latch, noisy fuel pump, pinging and dashboard rattles will cure itself. Goodluck and enjoy. She's got the same colour as mine and she even has alloys.