Battle of Waterloo 21 June 2015

bazzamac

Fellow Frogger
A gathering of French and British cars, including some bicycles, will be held on Sunday 21 June 2015 at Rond Terrace located at the bottom end of Anzac Parade. The event will be to commemorate the 200[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. The gathering is being sponsored by Shannon’s Insurance. In past years, the event has attracted up to 100 cars and around 150 participants depending on the weather. Entry to the event is open to the general public.
The event is being organized by the Renault Owners Club of Canberra (ROCC) in conjunction with the Peugeot Association of Canberra (PAC) and sponsors.
Entry to and egress from the event will be via Constitution Avenue, then to Wendouree Drive next to the ASIO building. The entry/exit is opposite Blundells Cottage and will be signposted.
The sign at the entrance will designate an advisory speed limit of 5kph. An official in a fluoro vest will guide cars to their respective locations.
Public parking will be directed to the hard standing area at the bottom of Anzac Parade or next to Blundells Cottage.
All cars will be parked on red granite area next to the lake. Drip trays are required.
Coffee, tea and drink facilities will be available. Food will be provided by a BBQ run by the PAC next to the coffee van. Each will have waste disposal facilities. Toilet facilities are located in the adjacent at Commonwealth Park.
Door prizes comprising bottles of “The Arrogant Frog” will be available as door prizes to be drawn towards the end of the event. So stick around in case you are a winner. They are donated by Shannons. Otherwise the event is to be glass free.
Depending on forecasts, the event will be cancelled if there are forecast high or gusty winds or if there is rain. Advice as to any cancellation will be posted the day before on the ACT Council of Motor Clubs website and via email to participating clubs.
Event Schedule
Set up at 9am
Event 10am to 3pm
Take down and clean up from 3pm
Contacts:
Barry McAdie | 0415 907 614
 or bardot@homemail.com.au
Lisa Molvig | 0412 011 927

Sorry, can't make it (again) this year. I will be driving the Atlantic Road in Norway :roflmao:

Dave

Raining here at the moment, but that will clear tomorrow and a great day forecast for Sunday!

Sunday 21 June

Summary Min -5Max 13Mostly sunny.
Canberra area

Mostly sunny. Light winds.

Let's see a MASSIVE turnout of French cars given that we will also have the Prussians in their Germanic marques teaming up with the Brits this year.
We will hopefully have 2 or 3 froggies there on Sunday.
As Lisa said the forecast is for a magic day on Sunday - look forward to seeing everyone there. We are on gravel so no fear of bogging in the wet grass :)
Don't forget your drip tray.

Haven't heard anything about it this year.

I'm always torn which car to bring, but generally sway to the french side.

Battle of Waterloo is on again on Sunday 19 June at Western Park alongside Lake Burley Griffin from 10am to about 3pm. All French and British cars welcome. Door prizes of bottles of wine will be available to the lucky winners.

Can you enlighten us interstaters as to what facilities are there, such as BBQs or drinks or ice creams, etc.

I imagine it is BYO deckchair too.

Entry fees? Spectating?

I don't wish to put a dampener on things, but the weather forecast looks like rain. :(

Both times I've been, it seems I've arrived later than whatever time is implicitly the cutoff. And then, pretty much everybody buggers off promptly!

Battle of Waterloo event scheduled for Weston Park on Sunday 19 June has been postponed due to forecast rain in the days leading to and over the weekend. Access road is a long gravel track accessed through a lockable gate and area to be used is well grassed but we were advised against holding the event given the forecast rain as track will deteriorate and there is risk of vehicles damaging the grassed area which would have to be restored at our cost. Will advise new date after checking what dates are available.

Battle of Waterloo is rescheduled to Sunday 4 September at Weston Park subject to weather. Hopefully the weather will be good this time around. We need plenty of French cars to turn up to beat the Brits.