Bastille Day: President Chirac in C6 !!!

Lapalisse

Fellow Frogger
Yesterday...

r23971244780ce.jpg

r917513275un.jpg

Niiiiice car and good marketing from Citroën! :D

Wow! They finally got him out of the CX Prestige. Amazing. Would be interesting to know what he thought.

And yes, very clever marketing by Citroen.:citplak:

UFO said:
Wow! They finally got him out of the CX Prestige. Amazing. Would be interesting to know what he thought.

And yes, very clever marketing by Citroen.:citplak:

Hi, me too I'm curious to know the opinion of J.Chirac.
The car is put free at the disposal of the president by PSA. (C6 will be only available in october or november)

Like the general De Gaulle, Chirac is an real amateur of Citroën. Its CX Prestige Turbo 2 is in a museum in France (museum specialized in the cars of president. There is also the Zil of Kroutchev or the Lincoln of Kennedy and much others).

But even if the president Miterrand chose in 1995 a XM to leave the Elysée (the car is in a museum and it has only 800km), since the CX (the R30 and 604 was preferred), Citroën are not used much in the administration.

Oh yes indeed, what a lovely car, I want one. Not much chance of that happening unless I rob a bank though :D john s

smiffy1071 said:
Oh yes indeed, what a lovely car, I want one. Not much chance of that happening unless I rob a bank though :D john s

That seems like a fairly easy thing to accomplish in the U.K tho... :joker:

Lapalisse said:
Hi, me too I'm curious to know the opinion of J.Chirac.
The car is put free at the disposal of the president by PSA. (C6 will be only available in october or november)

Like the general De Gaulle, Chirac is an real amateur of Citroën. Its CX Prestige Turbo 2 is in a museum in France (museum specialized in the cars of president. There is also the Zil of Kroutchev or the Lincoln of Kennedy and much others).

But even if the president Miterrand chose in 1995 a XM to leave the Elysée (the car is in a museum and it has only 800km), since the CX (the R30 and 604 was preferred), Citroën are not used much in the administration.

Where is this museum? I will be in Paris and surrounds for the DS Jubilee, and another interesting car museum is always worth visiting. :D

Aaah but it's only 200km from Paris

Aaah but it's only 200km from Paris Paul, an easy trip for experienced travellers!!! AND it's in the Burgundy district....yum. AND we'll be in Paris for another 2 weeks after you lot leave.....hmmmm.... I can see Craig reading this & being totally amazed, not only am I posting but I'm thinking of going to another French Car Museum. JUST REMEMBER DEAR, I'm only THINKING about it.
Mrs UFO

I often watch SBS Spanish news, witch is often near the french news and I always catch "SHIRAK!" in a fenchie. Ive seen him in 607's, Cits even one of those large people movers by Renault.... - Chris

Hope the flag on the front is optional :joker:

Anyone want to take a "stab" at the price in Aust for a C6 (if we get it).

- xTc -

XTC said:
Hope the flag on the front is optional :joker:

Anyone want to take a "stab" at the price in Aust for a C6 (if we get it).

- xTc -

ATECO is talking $85k to $90k and are keen to get the C6.

Most of us will wait some time until the original owners have worn the depreciation and "new model" problems.

Now, as to that museum in the Burgundy region. Have I ever told you all how much I love Mrs UFO?:D

UFO said:
Now, as to that museum in the Burgundy region. Have I ever told you all how much I love Mrs UFO?:D

:whip:

:roflmao:

Dave

UFO said:

Most of us will wait some time until the original owners have worn the depreciation and "new model" problems.

And it looks like there might even be a garden for you to look at! :deal:

Paul

UFO said:
That's some serious price tag :eek: with a lot of competitors, hope it doesn’t end up like the White Elephant the 607 is !! (with yearly sales barely breaking double figures)

- xTc -

XTC said:
That's some serious price tag :eek: with a lot of competitors, hope it doesn’t end up like the White Elephant the 607 is !! (with yearly sales barely breaking double figures)

- xTc -

From what I hear, Citroen are making a lot of conquest sales in Aus (eg people trading other Euro brands) due to the value for money of the C5 range in comparison to the other Euros. I would think that the C6 may equate to something in the 100k + bracket in some buyers' minds - especially if packaged right for the price.

That price is a bit rich. Think I'll get one second hand.

Damn tempting as a family car... now, if PSA can just put a decent stereo in there...

GTI124 said:
That price is a bit rich. Think I'll get one second hand.

Damn tempting as a family car... now, if PSA can just put a decent stereo in there...

So, if Citroen put a decent sound system in the C6, you might consider buying a French car again. Hmmmm..... I think there's something in that for all of us:joker::joker::joker: