Bastard 406 wiper blade change

To make access easier, I turn on the wipers, then turn the key off when the wipers are half-way up the windscreen, leaving them stranded mid-swipe. I can then pull back the arm and get a decent look at what I'm doing.

I don't know if a 406 is the same as my 407 but to change my ones I switch the ignition off after the car is running and then just after touch the wiper stalk . The wipers will then park in the vertical position . I can then swing them forward to allow the blade change . Once you are done put them back on the screen start the car and touch the wiper stalk again and the blades will then park in the normal position . Hope this helps

I don't know if a 406 is the same as my 407 but to change my ones I switch the ignition off after the car is running and then just after touch the wiper stalk . The wipers will then park in the vertical position . I can then swing them forward to allow the blade change . Once you are done put them back on the screen start the car and touch the wiper stalk again and the blades will then park in the normal position . Hope this helps
This may work on a late model, CANBUS, 406.

look similar to the Latitude version - the locking device at the arm-blade connection is released by swinging the blade around until it is at a right angle to the arm, the click is obvious. The blade can then be drawn down the arm out of the hook.

Bob

As bob and the video say, it's about getting the blade at the correct angle. When you get it off you will be surprised how easy it is. This blade style is common.