Back in action...

danielsydney

Good Sport
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Well this week the renault 19 went into the smash repairs and they have assured me should be ready for the weekend in sydney for Bastille day. Cant wait. You will all be able to see her. Just check out the 19 with the biggest mag wheels.
Hope some people join this run that is on the cards. May go myself posibly.. cheers!

No I put a message here ages ago about when on the easter break the car changed lanes on top of me and crushed the front guard in...It will be ok for the tri-club bastille day at concord..

Ill take that as sarcasm... :D And they say "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"... :D :D whip

That was ages ago Daniel, were there hassles with the insurance company? Or was the other driver uninsured and you had to use other means to extract payment from them?

There were many hassles with my insurance and the other guys insurance. Also finance extraction was dificult.

daniel u should check out

<a href="http://www.*********" target="_blank">www.*********</a> .com.au

for kit for your 19

it would go well with your sporty gearknob and mags and give it some aerodynamic stability to cope with your performance modifications!

oops sorry that should have been

<a href="http://www.a***p***s.com.au" target="_blank">www.a***p***s.com.au</a>

I tried to go to that website and there was nothing on it. I think bogmaster is right "give me a break".
I get the impression that some users on here are older than me(25) maybe they dont understand about making a car look good....I guess it comes with the age...

(i am only young so lay off and give me a fair go)...... mallet mallet

Back in about 1993 when I was interested in buying a new Renault, and closer to 25 years old, I approached the local Renault dealer to enquire about a 19 16V. I had just received a brochure from a friend OS and was keen on finding out when they were getting to AUS.

The dealer said the 16V was not likely to come to AUS, but that he could do me a deal on a 19 with a body kit (front dam, rear spoiler and alloys which were accessories at the time). I said I didn't want the body kit, just the motor, trans and suspension in a normal 19 body.

That's why I like the latest crop of performance cars (RS Clio etc), nice discreet looks, no wild flares, pram handle "Cossie" style wings etc. Advertising performance seems to be out, how it performs is in.

In a recent junk mail auto accessories catalogue at home it described those huge coffee can mufflers as a "show muffler" sort of said it all really!

Simon

danielsydney:
I tried to go to that website and there was nothing on it.
OK I believe the site was <a href="http://www.aut0paris.com.au" target="_blank">www.aut0paris.com.au</a>

Replace the '0' with an 'o' and it'll work.

Unfortunately that word is banned on this bulletin board, so it can be difficult to discuss anything related to them... question

...oh, and I was quite serious about the body kit modifications, I consider my suggestion fully in keeping with Daniels desire to make the car look good! approve

I missed all that shit....are you serious??

If so who would want to be a member of Aussiefrogs? mallet [/QB]
Yep, just try typing that word into a message and see what happens.

I remember aut0paris used to have a banner ad at the bottom of the front page, no longer there, I guess that's what happens when you don't pay your bill. Or perhaps there are other reasons, can't remember reading any posts explaining why.

Whatever the reason, the word appears to have slipped into the "censored" file. So now we have to get creative with different letter/number combinations in order to discuss it.

I think over time ill contact those guys actually. They did tell me they had some imported items for the 19. Will have to see how it all goes. My 19 is pretty nice as standard though just would like to get a spoiler like on the Mi16 one day thats all really... dance

Oh that must be it then...Paul was selling body kits for the 19.

A perfect reason for never mentioning ********* on this forum again.

Sorry Gib Gib and co.

Don't know anything about aforesaid company nor their actions.............methinks it just *may* be something well left shut........like Pandoras Box :confused: eek! dead evil kisses :confused:
Chances are if it's been banned, there could be very good reasons for it being done & possibly best not drawn into the public arena.

Alan S

The reason I suggested that it should not be pursued further is that we are totally unaware of the reason why & I think the query really should have been done off list as we don't know whether the business concerned has complained about something they consider to be defamatory, or may have said something defamatory or have posted something bagging opposition companies and therefore effectively been using the forum to further their own ends by doing this, have been putting "as recommended by aussiefrogs" on their adverts, could be 12 months in arrears in paying their advertising bill;.....they probably have done none of these but we don't know and could be making them or gibgib or someone else feel very uneasy if there is in fact some sort of legal quandry going on presently behind the scenes.
There was recently a case on another board when a user was banned off following a series of threats and abuse to other users and the one whose IP number came up as the culprit has complained bitterly about being banned and denies all knowledge of the events and on yet another, someone who later turned out to be a backyard car dealer was using the name of a legitimate dealer selling suspect cars and a set up for the occasion e-mail account. So without the knowledge of exactly what is or has gone on, I feel it is a little dangerous to make assumptions, and as I say, contact gibgib directly off list as I'm sure he will explain. In all fairness, he will probably not read these messages until he gets home from work tonight so at least give him the courtesy to answer and the discussion is really pointless if the full reasons are not known. Agreed? :D :D
I once rang a company and was very hostile that a certain guy hadn't answered my calls; turned out he died...so things are often not what you may think :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Alan S