BA7 gearbox into 203

kiwia110

Fellow Frogger
I'll start with an apology in case my searching skills don't cut it, I couldn't find anything on this topic.
Has anyone attempted the above, and most importantly succeeded?

yes i know of 3 5spd 203 , a big job was recommended against it , finding a good ba7/5 for a start , hydraulic clutch required . getting a bell housing welded and machined expensive if you can find a competent person, much cutting of floor tunnel req

Just out of interest....how about a 4 speed out of a 504 ? Anyone know if one of these is as difficult to fit ?
You need to check the oil level regularly, but not TOO often....you just need to keep it in mind that they are not "set and forget". And they are virtually indestructable otherwise. Quite long-legged. They are my favourite Pug manual gearbox, apart from the 3-speed auto from 505s, which although only 3 speed, is also virtually indestructible and has a beautiful shift. If you have ever driven a 505 Series 1 auto for a substantial time, you may well choose one of these instead !

Just out of interest....how about a 4 speed out of a 504 ? Anyone know if one of these is as difficult to fit ?
You need to check the oil level regularly, but not TOO often....you just need to keep it in mind that they are not "set and forget". And they are virtually indestructable otherwise. Quite long-legged. They are my favourite Pug manual gearbox, apart from the 3-speed auto from 505s, which although only 3 speed, is also virtually indestructible and has a beautiful shift. If you have ever driven a 505 Series 1 auto for a substantial time, you may well choose one of these instead !
Still need a lot of tunnel work as the tunnel in a 203 won't house a BA box of any sort