Anyone with CAD skills?

If anyone wants a correct template I can post it out. It will match exactly the mirror I had cut to fit the new mirror surround and which fits perfectly. Just send me a PM (called 'conversation' now!) and I'll cut one and pop it in the post. Tolerance? Needs to be within about 1 mm to allow for the overlap built into the plastic surround.

Sometimes having it physically is what you need.
Finished new mirror and surround R8 sml.jpg

The professionals use double sided tape. The use of Silicone sealant will be a disaster as it eats the silver away after a couple of years. So best to only give a short warranty.
I even have double-sided tape in the workshop. Never thought of it... :( Still, Tarzan's Grip isn't silicone.

I've had success simply photo copying the part, then tracing over it in CAD when I couldn't get a full scan done, even tracing around and scanning from the photocopier. As long as you have measured a couple of key dimensions you can scale the CAD to the correct size. Like these 3d printed spacers for the Virages mirrors
Hi Tim. Those little printed spacers are nice. I just had my mirrors re chromed. I'll PM you. Sorry Renault 8&10

If anyone wants a correct template I can post it out. It will match exactly the mirror I had cut to fit the new mirror surround and which fits perfectly. Just send me a PM (called 'conversation' now!) and I'll cut one and pop it in the post. Tolerance? Needs to be within about 1 mm to allow for the overlap built into the plastic surround.

Sometimes having it physically is what you need. View attachment 236345
Renault wall art noted.