Anyone interested in a R18 Mark 2 immaculate?

18...hmmm...it was my first french car....nothing really that spectacular...but you could not help but love it...motor was smokey...but it just kept going no matter how much i pushed it...bought it for 400 bucks at fowles...i think it was a '79 gts...anyway, if the price was nice i d be interested in it....somebody was selling a turbo version in queensland some months back...i d say it would be near impossible to find one in that nick in au...in regards to value,...what can i say they are not worth much here....but as a car one likes i think it could easily reach 4000 if its in as good a nick as the photos suggest....i d be prepared to pay half that and not because i dont think its worth more but because thats all i could afford...

nice picks

cheers
dino

Hey David, what do you reckon your friend would charge to get me a 21 Turbo Quadra in from pommyland, and how much will the government etc take off me to get it registered?

Well, I've now parted company with that red 18 and hopefully it has now gone to an equally caring owner. Only sold it because I'm coming back to Australia.

It's hard to put a price on a car like that - I bought it for £250 and sold it for that price 9 months later - with an extra 16000 miles on it, 16000 miles of reliability and comfort. It did Switzerland twice from London. How much would you need to spend on a car of smilar quality and mileage?

On a separate issue though - because it's an '84 model it was designed for leaded petrol, obviously not available for some years so I fed it LRP. One disturbing thing I've noticed is that LRP is rapidly disappearing in the UK. I drove to Birmingham from London recently and not 1 petrol station on the M40 had LRP. Running standard ULP (RON 95) made it pink, but I guess premium ULP (98?) would be OK. What about the valves?

So those of us who enjoy driving older cars are slowly being forced off the road? :mad:

I guess it's a matter of time before Aus is going that way.

'snail

You shouldve crossed the channel a few more times. Theres leaded petrol everywhere! Need to keep the old French cars on the go so the French (and others) keep selling it.