Another revolutionary new motor - the Omega 1 rotary.

Doomed for failure, has too many complex parts, difficult to machine to high tolerances.
Then how do you convert the 25,000 RPM to the drive the wheels

YK2 = 52,000 rpm.
25,000 rpm, pffffft, just idling really.🙄😉

images (6).jpeg

Hard to find a video of them doing much, I guess at $250K AUD when new they probably attracted posers rather than wheelstanding, stoppie yielding yobbos.🤷‍♂️
This video has top speed runs at the latter end.

Watch "World's Fastest Production Motorcycle!!! MTT/VOODOO RACING/Y2K" on YouTube

Hi Ando :)
I think over past years I read every report on new engines and went to talks on Sarich engines and so on ! Anyone fool can make an engine and even get it to run in some fashion, and lots have. A good engine is different and an efficient useable one, better than in my car is hard to do ! :oops: But the tide is running out for ICE and he has missed the boat now.

I had a book on how Wankel did a long research project to look at all the previous types of rotary engines and catalogued them into types and subdivisions to drill down into the morass of BS that had been spruiked. Then came up with the first Wankel design and tested it. A rethink then produced a 'kinematic inversion' of it to make a practical usable engine out of it. Now lots of years later we know where all that good German work, then Japanese polishing ended up. No where useful !! :rolleyes:

This new engine is the same IMHO. It relies on precision engineering and no seals necessary. Hmm no change of tolerances due to thermal changes, it must be made of invar ! Just another uneducated home tinkerer possibly trying to spruik for some investment money. He should study Sarich because that was what he was good at and made a fortune in the end in land development.:cool:
Jaahn

Jaahn, all well noted and you are probably right.
There is no end to the list of revolutionary new motors, and batteries!