Another Pug in the family!!

S Chung

Fellow Frogger
Hi guys,
I just bought a '97 306 XR in pretty good nick from Fowles for my sister - seems to be well looked after - slight ding front drivers side GUARD but other than that all standard fitment - 87,000ks - and it was in a water-damaged auction - I couldn't see any obvious eveidence though other than interior needed a bit of a clean got her for $6400 but needs a roadworthy- there were alot of cars that went for bloody cheap (obviously not all froggies) but man if I had 10k this morning I wouldn't have had it now!!
Now I have to start reading all the 306 threads too!

My uncle after years and years of R12's (probably 10 of them at least) just went and bought a 206XRS. He's going to let other people fix his cars from now on.

- XTC206 -

Congrats! Sounds as though it must be one of the ones that became victim to the recent floods here in Melbourne! I hope that it's only the interior that has suffered from the water damage!

Picked up the Pug today - I am very happy with the purchase - I couldn't find any water damage whatsoever - everything interior wise is dry as a bone - the only fault other than the small dint on the front guard was that the drivers side elec window had come off the guide - which was an easy fix - I think it was abit of a dodgy insurance claim. All electrics are A1 - aircon works fine - has an alarm fitted, window tint and CD-stacker - serviced less that 1000ks ago and all service history/books. Insurance valued it at $14k!! Abit high I thought but who am I to complain!!

Sorted :headbang:

Play it safe and change ALL the liquids as soon as you can.
Bit late after you find the engine was done but the tranny's got a gutfull. Also be sure the door & rocker drains are clear and check in the cambelt cover to be sure there's no sign of water damage or trash in there. I know a guy who owned a 16V who did a motor in because a mouse built a nest inside the camcover. :eek: :eek:
Hopefully you've got one that has got out of it pretty lightly. :cheers:

Alan S