Another 'Hi I'm new here' thread - with questions!

tomic

Fellow Frogger
Allo all. Nice to finally find somewhere to converse about pugs!

I'm Dave from Canberra. My pug is a 405 Mi16 (Mk1).

Now my questions!

Upon having the rear muffler and resonator replaced, i discovered the rear centre engine mount has pretty much had it.. Dare I ask how much of a pain this going to be to replace?

The speedo only as of yesterday has just started playing up, after about 60km/h it makes a clicking sound (like something is spinning and slipping) and the speedo jumps around from 60-90/100km/h. The speedo itself has never been particulary accurate given it has always wavered around +\-5km/h when driving under 80km/h. Any suggestions?

And lastly any suggestions where I could source a pair of front door pods (preferably originals). The current pods have many broken catches and are seriously hampering the money spent on a nice sound system.

Cheers,
-dave.

tomic said:
Allo all. Nice to finally find somewhere to converse about pugs!

I'm Dave from Canberra. My pug is a 405 Mi16 (Mk1).

Now my questions!

Upon having the rear muffler and resonator replaced, i discovered the rear centre engine mount has pretty much had it.. Dare I ask how much of a pain this going to be to replace?

The speedo only as of yesterday has just started playing up, after about 60km/h it makes a clicking sound (like something is spinning and slipping) and the speedo jumps around from 60-90/100km/h. The speedo itself has never been particulary accurate given it has always wavered around +\-5km/h when driving under 80km/h. Any suggestions?

And lastly any suggestions where I could source a pair of front door pods (preferably originals). The current pods have many broken catches and are seriously hampering the money spent on a nice sound system.

Cheers,
-dave.

Hi Dave,

I can get you a price on the engine mount and they are not to hard to replace if you have some mechanical knowledge. Also your speedo cable is stuffed time to buy a new one. PM me and I'll get you some prices.

Cheers nick

Tomic, welcome to AF, you'll be happy to know there a couple more Fellow canberrians who own Mi16's, keep an eye out for them on here.. i'm sure over time you may even see them around..

While down in Canberra for that Nats on the weekend, i was actually talking to one of those guys on the phone, i was on the balcony of my hotel, and a nice little option packed Mi16 drove down the street below me, so i actually saw a couple down there. Unfortunantly not the one i would have really like to have though..

Hi Dave

Whereabouts in canberra are you? I'm down in Tuggers. I've got the same problem with my speedo... happens more in the morning when its cooler I've noticed.

Anyway welcome to the forum, might see you on the road sometime.

Ky

I'm over in weston and work in woden.

For those also into car audio.. check out my current project..

www.d-j.net/install

More has been done than shown in the picture log, but I haven't been arsed updating that lately.. All the top sheets are now done, but it still has no carpet.

Thanks everyone for saying Hi.. Do you canberra guys ever have meets or anything?

nick..
I'd be interested in that engine mount.. and details whats involved in swapping the mounts.. (I have basic skills - Im no mechanic; but I'm not totally incompetant).

I would PM you, but it refuses to let me PM as I haven't logged in (apparently).. Cookies must be broken somewhere....

-dave.

Hi Dave, Welcome here. Pug people in and around Canberra have regular meetings through the Peugeot Association of Canberra. Distance (I'm in Bega) prohibits me attending those meetings, but the committee members that I've had contact with over the years are always vey helpful.
Look up www.pcug.org.au/~mcnamee/pac
Best regards,
Wouter