alternator removal - 407 V6 petrol

Bruis

Tadpole
Can anyone tell me the best way to remove the alternator on my 407 V6? It seems as though it will only come out from below, but the aircon pump is in the way...do I have to remove it (and disconnect the refrigerant pipes...) to get the alternator out??

obviously no bodies done it I've been searching for this for three days....
nobody wants to share their knowledge...
i thought thats what these sites were for hope u got it out...

I think this engine is similar to the 2002 Renault Laguna V6 engine.

This is what you need to do on the Renault V6, so you may be able to adapt the procedure to your Peugeot.

The alternator does come out from below, you do not need to disconnect the air con gas lines but you need to drop the air con pump down so that the alternator will come out.

I found out the hard way that it is best to unbolt the air con pump bracket from the motor than the air con pump from the bracket. The Renault has triangular nuts that do not spin when doing up the bolts for the air con pump, but because room between the air com pump and the motor is very restricted it is just about impossible to get the triangular nuts onto the bolts.

Apart from the above the job of removing the alternator and installing it is pretty easy.

Of course you will need to do the usual stuff like disconnect the battery, take off accessory belt by slackening the belt tensioner with a 3/8 drive racket and short extension and remove any covers from under the car to get access.

Last edited:
cheers thanks for that
i thought id have to remove it from bottom.
great computer design again easy to build hard to repair modern cars
:crazy:cheers brett

I think this engine is similar to the 2002 Renault Laguna V6 engine.

This is what you need to do on the Renault V6, so you may be able to adapt the procedure to your Peugeot.

The alternator does come out from below, you do not need to disconnect the air con gas lines but you need to drop the air con pump down so that the alternator will come out.

I found out the hard way that it is best to unbolt the air con pump bracket from the motor than the air con pump from the bracket. The Renault has triangular nuts that do not spin when doing up the bolts for the air con pump, but because room between the air com pump and the motor is very restricted it is just about impossible to get the triangular nuts onto the bolts.

Apart from the above the job of removing the alternator and installing it is pretty easy.

Of course you will need to do the usual stuff like disconnect the battery, take off accessory belt by slackening the belt tensioner with a 3/8 drive racket and short extension and remove any covers from under the car to get access.