Alpine for sale in Sydney

davemcbean

Guru
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Yesterday there was a beautiful blue 69/70 model Alpine A110 1300G (blinkers in bumper, exterior door handles) at the Sydney French car day. It has WA rego and the owner is looking for offers around $65,000.

It seems to be in excellent condition, although I'm not sure whether it is worth quite that much, but keep in mind that it's one of the rarest cars in Australia.

Dave

$65000 !!!

I wouldn't say its condition befits the price. i even noticed it had a few R10 parts on it. Would require much restoration $$$ to bring it up to std.

A finer example was purchased in Melbourne last year for $33k (white).

R10 bits most of the car is R8 R10 thats the way they were and an original car like that with a little TLC is worth more than someones (interpritation/Modification )restoration. So many cars of this nature finish up as a product of the owners than the factory.
2_cents

$65K would get you three nice Lotus S2 Europas

Mind you, some would argue that three would be neccessary just to be able to have one running :)

Wonder how much a secondhand Renault Sports Spider is worth?

I'm sure its a nice car and all.

But for that sort of money, I'd be looking into importing a series 2 V6 Clio.

...but thats meh.

davemcbean:
Yesterday there was a beautiful blue 69/70 model Alpine A110 1300G (blinkers in bumper, exterior door handles) at the Sydney French car day. It has WA rego and the owner is looking for offers around $65,000.

It seems to be in excellent condition, although I'm not sure whether it is worth quite that much, but keep in mind that it's one of the rarest cars in Australia.

Dave
It is almost certain that this is the car that Maurice Davin sold in Perth last year. Maurice had owned it for some years, treating it very well.

If so, this car is seriously original, deliberately unmodified and deserves a sensitive and caring custodian!! There are very few original Alpines of this type anywhere in the world that have not been messed around with or badly damaged by competition.

R8/R10 parts? Of course. Lots of them. It is an Alpine A110.

If I had the money I'd post a cheque!

JohnW

JohnW:
If so, this car is seriously original, deliberately unmodified and deserves a sensitive and caring custodian!! There are very few original Alpines of this type anywhere in the world that have not been messed around with or badly damaged by competition.
That sounds like the car. It seemed very original. So many of these cars have ended up with 1600 engines, flared guards, etc. This car is just a good straight 1300G, which is probably the best balanced version of the A110 anyway, despite being in lower demand than a 1600S.

It appeared never to have been rallied or modified, except it did have a 4 point roll bar with rough looking welds. Is that original? It certainly looked like an add on.

The plastic chrome had rubbed off the 504 interior lights, but that's easy fixed. Also if you looked under the edges of the body you could see a rough finish on the fibreglass, but I'm sure that's just the way they were.

The gearshift also felt relatively precise (compared with the usual rear engined Renault gearshifts). Is that original?

Dave

<small>[ 15 July 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: davemcbean ]</small>

Did anyone see the Spider at the FCD in sydney it was very nice but only had a 2.0 engine in it. I would have thought it would have been much bigger. The guy was a bit of a poser however.

The spider (me thinks) has the same engine as in the clio sport.

Note that the car weighs in at approx. 600+/-kg so the power to weight is the important factor.

from what i know, the car was discontinued.

They're approx. AU$100k

The Spider used the F7R engine, 1998cc which produced about 150bhp and it weighed about 930kg. The engine was the same as used in the Clio Williams.

With those figures its just under 100kgs lighter than a Clio Sport and 22bhp less, which puts its 0-100 time about even with a Clio Sport (6.9s), (European spec Clio Sport with Euro clean and decent quality 98 RON petrol) .

The gearshift also felt relatively precise (compared with the usual rear engined Renault gearshifts). Is that original?

Dave[/QB]
Dave,

Probably original but unusually original and not stuffed by thrashing. Maurice rebuilt the gearbox a few years back.

Lovely car. Just lovely.

John

I am glad to see that people recognise the car for what its worth.
I would like to add it my collection.
Europas are a good thing when they are sorted But a 110 is French Corvett and highly prized for there race history some thing a Europa never had.

The Europa had only a limited racing career, mainly track work. Basically it was a cheap way to get into a fun car.

Long ago I realised that an Alpine A110 was way, way out of reach financially, and that the (Renault engined) Europa was the only thing that I was going to be able to afford.

So rather than dream about the Alpine, I bought a Europa. I've had a lot of fun. Not a perfect car, but still a blast to drive. It doesn't matter too much, but I do prefer the mid-engined configuration as well.

I agree
I like the Midengine setup . The Europa needs constant car especially the rear sus.
The Healy factory had a Banks 47 replicar for sale and @$35, is agood buy. You probably know the site so you will know waht I mean.

oh - I was a bit off the mark - I was at the day and jotted down the mobile # was thinking about offering about $10K
if the car could raise upon starting then maybe $20K

Well. The owner would certainly RAISE if you offered either of these paultry amounts.

I guess you Peugeot and Citroen types are used to low to nil value vehicles.

"MEOW" wink wink

renault8&10:
Well. The owner would certainly RAISE if you offered either of these paultry amounts.

I guess you Peugeot and Citroen types are used to low to nil value vehicles.

"MEOW" wink wink
Thems fightin words R8&10!

I always thought Reno was the poor orphan often left in the cold, recently being looked after by Volvo (very poorly) now Nissan.
Pugs were at least a conventional car (504 and 505's being easy to repair)
Ask any auto electrician about replacing the R16's Starter Motor out in the bush...

hang on ...my computer is catching on fire...

ipb!