aircon on 205s

I presume you mean the evaporator ice up not the condensor as the condensor is the hot one at the front of the car.
If the fans are running too slow on the condensor then I would say yes, that could be a major contributor to lack of temp.
If however the evaporator (freezing coil) is icing up, then that also could be the culprit, however, the icing of the evaporator would more likely be caused due to atmospheric air finding its way over the evaporator & depositing its moisture content rather than the speed on the fan blowing the air over it as it would only be equivalent to running a system with the fan on low speed.
I once had a CX that someone had stuffed up the wiring to the fans on by reversing the polarity as a result they blew instead of sucked air in the wrong direction. When activated, the fans should feel as though the car is travelling at about 80kph with the air passing from the front over the condensor & radiator & into the engine bay.
For the record, I had to take my wife to the doctor today and it was bleedin' hot I can tell you (30+) with the sun blazing on us. After a drive of about 6 klms or so, I got out of the car with my glasses totally fogged up; that's how a BX system operates. I can see no reason if we can pin point your problem that yours shouldn't be as good if not better. :dance: :dance:

Alan S :adrink:

:sleepy: oops, i meant the evaporator icing up. i always use the recirculated air so i guess there would be low moisture content, i guess too low for the moisture to condense on the evaporator. the fan was on high speed this morning, still no sun here, and it wasn't as cold as i believe it should be. this was while the car was warming up. i believe heat soak is part of the problem (condensor, dash...) as it works best when the car has been undercover and is cold started. however it still is not what it should be. so i think you onto something with the heater core flap

i may try blocking off the coolant pipes to the heater core and see if this helps.

other point to note is the ac is very poor at idle (low compressor speeds)
:D

Felix,

To simply test if the air coming off the evaporator is down to temperature, get a thermometer & hold it in front of the dash vent, immediately in front of it in fact, and the air temp should read between 3.5 & 5.5 deg C.
If not, low gas charge could be your first check along with the condensor fan speed.
If this test can be done in the shade, that's OK. At least it's a starting point.

Could I suggest you also run through this post as there could be a bit of info on here that could be of interest & applicable to your case.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1855

Alan S