Air induction systems for 1.8 306 (N5)

mmm...CORNERS

Fellow Frogger
Just wondering what the general consensus is on different air induction systems...is it worthwhile getting a ram pod type thing or just a K&N panel filter??? Are there any gains apart from a good sound?

G'day and welcome to AF

From my experience im running a knn pod filter a lil better breathing up top, didnt ntice and power increase.

Do a search for air filters on the forum it has been discussed in great deatin.

Cheers.

I replaced the stock filter with a K&N filter. I noticed a slight top end gain in acceleration. However, I'm not to sure if it's really worth it. One benefit is in the long term you could save money by not having to replace air filters.

Basically if you want a quicker car it means big $$$ or a new car.

P.S The gain in sound from the filter is nothing. You'll need a pod for this.

Last edited:
Dr. 306 said:
One benefit is in the long term you could save money by not having to replace air filters.

At the expense of "dusting" your engine. The only reason the K&N filters have a higher flow rate is because they let more of the crap through. Ultimately this means the engine will wear our more quickly than with the standard filter.

I know I'd never put one on. Pod filters are even worse in this respect.

Derek :cool:

Look honestly if you are expecting power from a K&n.. you aint going to get it.

If you want a K&N panel filter because you dont want to buy filters in the future,its only worth it then. I got a panel filter on my 1.8 & it cost me about $150.