Advice welcome 2015 308 purchase

There is no 10years / 200K specific period in the ACL. You have to refer to the highly subjective concept of reasonable durability and a reasonable expected period of service when arguing there should be assistance with a repair. Even within a normal warranty period, all manufacturers have exclusions for some parts that wear and some of the very long warranties on offer have quite surprising exclusions if you read the detail. In this case, it has not yet even been taken to a dealer to investigate the P20EE fault apparently found, so it's certainly not at the the point of pursuing ACL rights for a urea reservoir/pump. Buying a car at a discount with a problem and then expecting a goodwill repair is a bit rich in any event. However, manufacturers do sometimes provide some form of extended warranty on certain components and being a new owner may not matter.

It is worth talking to the local dealer to begin with. That fault code could be due to a number of issues, such as a leak at the injector near the engine or even a bad electrical connection. They might conclude it needs a reservoir, but maybe not. They are supposed to follow guided diagnostics in the diagnostic tool and you'd need that done to have any hope of a contribution from the manufacturer.

There is no 10years / 200K specific period in the ACL. You have to refer to the highly subjective concept of reasonable durability and a reasonable expected period of service when arguing there should be assistance with a repair. Even within a normal warranty period, all manufacturers have exclusions for some parts that wear and some of the very long warranties on offer have quite surprising exclusions if you read the detail. In this case, it has not yet even been taken to a dealer to investigate the P20EE fault apparently found, so it's certainly not at the the point of pursuing ACL rights for a urea reservoir/pump. Buying a car at a discount with a problem and then expecting a goodwill repair is a bit rich in any event. However, manufacturers do sometimes provide some form of extended warranty on certain components and being a new owner may not matter.

It is worth talking to the local dealer to begin with. That fault code could be due to a number of issues, such as a leak at the injector near the engine or even a bad electrical connection. They might conclude it needs a reservoir, but maybe not. They are supposed to follow guided diagnostics in the diagnostic tool and you'd need that done to have any hope of a contribution from the manufacturer.
This is exactly right. When I had my Audi A3 engine rebuilt I was the second owner and had some services not done at a dealer. I was told goodwill should cover it but I had to be prepared to book in the car at a dealer for testing at my cost. Long story short I did have to pay for the initial oil consumption test which was basically an oil change but they covered the $12000 bill for the engine rebuild. I think that's fair enough.

In no way was I expecting a goodwill repair, I just mentioned I might contact the dealer where the car has been serviced for it's life and see if there is anything they want to do. If they can get a rebate from Peugeot and give me a discounted tank as it's a known issue then I'm not going to say no to that. I'm not going to go legal around an issue to save a few dollars that I'm ready to spend.
Agree that to have Peugeot assist in the repair then they would have to determine the issue themselves, didn't think of that. I'm happy with the process my mechanic has used to determine the injectors are at fault so will just get the tank replaced by them, the sooner it's done the more I can enjoy the vehicle.

It does no harm to speak to the dealer about it and see what they say. I knew you were not asking for goodwill here and also pointing out that sometimes there is extended support on some items, which is a different thing to goodwill. The Adblue system has a single injector into the exhaust near the manifold. The pump / tank unit generates the pressure and then there is a pipe that runs forward to that injector. If the 'injectors' are at fault, it may not be the pump / tank unit at fault. I was just trying to suggest you need to be certain of the actual fault to make the most economical repair.

Thanks for all your replies, sorry I've only just checked back in. So my wife loves the car so I've taken a punt and purchased it, hopefully not a bad decision. Ive got to say it did put a smile on my face driving it home!

Thanks for the idea Barry, I did do a freeway run and kept revs over 3,500 would have definitely got to temp to do a dpf burn but unfortunately didn't fix the emissions warning and urea light - worth a shot though!

Car has done 140,000kms

I chucked a Bluetooth OBD2 reader in it, but using torque I was only able to read gauges, not coming up with faults/service light. Any apps that will actually link into Peugeot's system?

I called a few places in Adelaide and Dodsons said they'd check out the errors and let me know if it's a new tank job, so starting there with it I think!
There is an OBD2 application on the Amazon store. It only runs on an Android device and is fairly fussy about your OBD2 reader.
There are 2 versions of the application, a free teaser/test version, "FAPlite" and a full paid version "FAP" (less than $20Aud) that can read most of the Peugeots data.
Use the free version to see if it is compatible with your reader and then, if it is suitable, buy the full version if you want.
A word of warning - navigating the Amazon store is a task in itself and DON'T do a retry if it tells you your purchase failed, check your bank first before retrying - I bought the application three times before I twigged.

Just remember though that unless you get the countdown timer on the urea pump (not the tank volume) reset, when it gets to zero it will stop you restarting the car. You'll be trailering it after that.

Cheers

Justin